• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex Power.

tctractors

It would seem that most anyone that has Run a TS14 has managed to move Muck and make Money, the Damage they do on Haul roads is nothing compared to big Units like 657's that Wreck the Site fast in the U.K. plus the fact they get back to work faster in bad weather than heavy Units, it all goes to build up the " King of the Cut " Badge that the 14's have, the added bonus is its not a big cost to have a spare Scraper Parked ready if 1 Calves Down.

tctractors

Kman9090

JasonM where abouts are you from in Louisana? Seem like a Company around here with a bunch of worn out Terex's bidded a section of I-49 and their bid was thrown out because it was so low?

Cat Wrench

Amino Brothers is the one Kman9090 is talking about. I don't know how they can even get a job done their equipment is so junky. Believe me I have nothing against old and tired equipment but if you guys where to get close to this junk or better yet work for them you would understand.
A friend of mine was contacted to do a job for them, fix a hard bar on a D8N. It was so bad the center pin was about to wear completely thru the equalizer bar. He took it to his shop to begin to repair it and they called and said they needed it back before he could even start on it that day. They put it back in like it was and sent it out on a job.
The head mechanic they had for years made sure (intentionally) that he had plenty of job security.

Kman9090

That sounds like them, I think some of their stuff is still sitting off the ride away. Dont know if they can bid any more work for Louisana after that last mistake. What part of Missouri you around Cat wrench?

Cat Wrench

That sounds like them, I think some of their stuff is still sitting off the ride away. Dont know if they can bid any more work for Louisana after that last mistake. What part of Missouri you around Cat wrench?

Sounds like their method of operation. Sad part about Amino Brothers is that when the last generation had it they where a thriving, reputable company. They had old money and were debt free and always paid there bills on time. Not so much anymore.
I am from between Kansas City and Clinton.

wnydirtguy

my company runs 14 ts-14's. they are the only kind I have ever ran but I love to run them. like most of the guys have said they are fast and can move dirt. also they are easy to fix and find parts for. we got one a that has a john deere motor fitted into it. you don't get to hear the good old detroit purring but it is alot faster. saves on fuel while increasing production. we have since converted 2 or 3 others to JD power.

Aussie Leroy

Looks like i will have to come to the USA and operate them myself ,i spend a bit of time in colarado dont know if there is a dealer there. We don't have any TS14Gs with the cummings in, in australia, I don't even think there is a terex dealer here that sells scrapers, We have a strong CAT dealer network no trouble with that

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Looks like i will have to come to the USA and operate them myself ,i spend a bit of time in colarado dont know if there is a dealer there. We don't have any TS14Gs with the cummings in, in australia, I don't even think there is a terex dealer here that sells scrapers, We have a strong CAT dealer network no trouble with that

We have Cummins powered TS-14G's here.
I much prefer the GM powered examples.
Detroit Diesels are the best way to turn fuel into NOISE !! :drinkup

Aussie Leroy

We have Cummins powered TS-14G's here.
I much prefer the GM powered examples.
Detroit Diesels are the best way to turn fuel into NOISE !! :drinkup

WabcoMan ; What is the bowl suspention like on the TS14Gs (ride control)

Do the cummins have enough power ????? Thanks Man :drinkup

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
The 14G's give the dirt a pretty nice ride but you still get that initial jolt.
Its a little better than cushion hitch I have to say.
I do like to hear the sound of those GM's rather than the whistle of the Cummins.
The GM's sound like you're actually doing something if you get my drift.

Happy scrapin'
The WabcoMan :drinkup

Aussie Leroy

Thanks Wabcoman, you have answed my question well ,so the 14s are 06+??and have you had any other problems ( i Don't think there is any cummings powered in victoria) thats why all the questions.

I sold a white 222G to NZ couple years back i think his name was hoss yeatman, I still have sprockets hear i have to send over, the only wabco i have left is a 111A i still use her a bit just to get a fix on the 471 i love the music.:drinkup Cheers Leroy

Showpony

Hi Lee this is Nick Yeatman Hoss's brother. Your 222 is going well, we had a mishap with the crown wheel and pinion. Manish from Hydramarine in Mumbai supplied a replacement, shes all go again. there are some shots of the 222 working on the wabco scrapers at work thread.
Those elevator spockets would be appreciated.
One of the great things about old gear is they dont have new problems. There is always someone somewhere with a solution for an old piece of machinery.
We ran a couple of new johndeere 6000 series self propelled forage harvesters in the 90s everytime something went wrong all our dealer could say is they havent seen that before and it wont be covered by warrantee.
When you owe a lot of money on a new machine you end up having to buy work, the margins disapear and you pay through the nose for any problems because down time will kill you.
TS14s are one of the most under rated machines out there, when the going gets steep or sticky they rule.
If you dont appreciate 2 cycle detriots. Youre probably talking with you bank manager about going to town tommorrow to listen to a load of BS about efficency and new technology from a money grabbing fair weather friend whos showing you a nice new shiny fleet of air conned, computer controled, multi mnillion dollar nightmares.
Its great to know were not the only people thinking out there.

Aussie Leroy

Showpony; Hi nick sorry about those sprockets but you will get them soon , I have been looking at TS 14s and 627s i'm going to have a play on both soon as i can organise it , I ran 14s in the 80s and still believe your right, they are absolute heros in the industry, cat 7s also match up well with these babys. I've been asking alot about 14Gs cos they have a suspension bowl now i'm a bit older and looking for a bit more comfort ,but i don't like them series 40 engines????, but later models do suit the hourly hire market better (oh&s) stuff,and also the funk trannys are they any good ???, Aswell i favor the 14s over the cats because they are so sure footed on steep stuff and nice and lite in the wet . It looks like 2005+ ran cummins engines so now you can see i have to many questions i need to go to the usa or where ever and check the hole thing out.

Say hi to hoss and i'm glad the 222G going well all the best, cheers Leroy:drinkup

greeniron

Aussie Leroy , go see Divall`s earthmoving and bulk haulage . they have/had two of them they bought new awhile ago or you could go to new zealand putting them sprockets in your luggage , theres plenty of TS14G`s over there to see