• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex 24b load runners compared to the other competition

powershifter

You always knew if you were on the "outer" or had upset someone if you were told to get onto one of the 2 TS24 Load runners we had, it was the punishment machine, ( normally we were only ever to have one going at one time but on the odd occasion when they were both up & running they were something else... The so called "ride axle system was non existent and we'd give anything for a cushion hitch but many a time I remember rounding up both 37's & 57"s coming up out of the cut and the only real down side was like someone has already said, "The screaming V12 GM up front did tend to turn you deaf after a while???... both were B models and one of them was last seen up at the Hymix quarry at Kulnura but that was a while ago now... Talking about Terex scoops however, I did a couple of days for a bloke on a TS14, a fairly late model tractor at the time and it was without a doubt the biggest piece of rubbish I have ever moved dirt with, "or tried to at least!" No way known could I get a decent load on the thing no matter what I did and apart from stripping grass & topsoil I think there a waste of fuel???...

Terexisking

Seen a few in nice looking condition sitting on a big job last year how well do these things do compared to their other models like the ts18's that I happen to have I know they are bigger, but I don't know that much about them the tires look wide and taller and they are rated at 24 stuck and 32 heaped an ts18 is 18 struck and 24 heaped.

My 18's do not have the push pulls set up on them anymore but those 24's did I would have liked to have seen them in action a lot of earth was moved on that job.
I did not see any farm tractor types pulling any pans either would have been nice to compare performance between the old way and what seems to be the going way today.
24'S are rated over 700 hp cant remember what a 637 is rated at hp wise but its got to be up there.

anyone ever run a ts24 load runner here in the Midwest.
We had 30 Ts-24 B or C , Most re powered with N-14 cummins. The only 637 that came close to their production was a 637G. 637 E's would be the last out of the yard. But by 5000 hours the cat was out of warranty and had to stay on multi scraper sites because they could not self load .

scraper tyre

I have one of Higgins S24s in my yard.Running two TS24B's loadrunners. Wanting a drop box for rear drive if you can help.6V71 through an Allison CBT750DB.
Thanks.

I AM IRONMAN

Occupation
Sales & Consultant Rep.
How to load a Terex TS24B Scaper

I think I might have one, I sent you a private message. I would need to know more info.
But just for the fun of it, I sent some links to trucks loading them.
The two that were getting loaded were TS24B's that had the rear engine and transmissions removed. Making them S24B's.
I was told that they could weigh between 95,000 lbs for a standard S24B (according to the Operator Manual) to 140,000 lbs (according to the scales in the Red truck in the video) He ended up unchaining and unloading and leaving town for his home office....pussy! He didn't know how to read his new scales, however he wouldn't take five minutes and go weigh on a certified scale 1/2 mile away.
I helped the brown truck load, he really knew what he was doing, although I had my doubts at first, run it on the trailer, chained down the front of the scraper, put blocks down on the trailer, then raised the rear way up. Then backed the tractor between the tires, chained down and away he went. less than 1 1/2 hours to load and go. Check out the video's . Not edited, but the brown truck leaving was nice to see!

http://youtu.be/qI11cMpiDfw

http://youtu.be/Nb0gaGt9l9g

Brown Truck above, quickest loading

http://youtu.be/aI18WPYvNC8

http://youtu.be/zjpHglTojFE

Last edited:

Terexisking

The only machine that will dirt like a ts-24b/c is a 637G .
Front engines are 510 hp, rears are 275hp. Regardless of the engine make. The Kta-19 that the C model had was a very durable unit but expensive to rebuild., Tutor- Saliba in California, re- powered some to 6V92 TA in the rear with 350hp, they were incredible, but you couldn't keep axles in them .
The drawback to any old motor scraper in 2015 is finding maintence staff , Oilers , mechanics and competent operators and parts.
Need to have a complete staff rebuilding machines in house and machine shops to build housings that are difficult to find.