• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td8e track adjuster seal

samsstuff

I've got to replace my track adjuster seal, is it possible to remove track with dozer jacked up without splitting track, I did it this way on my td7 but chains were wore out and floppy loose, this td8 is in alot better shape, thanks ahead time.

Acecadet

Depending on how worn out the pins and bushings are, I suppose it is possible. A good track may be tough to get back on later. I just knock the master pins out after positioning them up a ways on the idler. I prefer a large drift with a wooden handle taped to it and someone swinging a large sledgehammer. Don’t mess with a light hammer or you will mushroom the end of the pin.

samsstuff

Depending on how worn out the pins and bushings are, I suppose it is possible. A good track may be tough to get back on later. I just knock the master pins out after positioning them up a ways on the idler. I prefer a large drift with a wooden handle taped to it and someone swinging a large sledgehammer. Don’t mess with a light hammer or you will mushroom the end of the pin.

samsstuff

Thanks for the information, I'd done it with the td7 but it's real sloppy and not near as wide of pads, I got a mini x to pick them up but it still might be near impossible

samsstuff

Got the track adjuster seals back in, chains weren't as sloppy as my td7 but was doable without splitting track, I tried put pictures on here but it said error