• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

td7g transmission not pulling

Lance Belt

I have a dresser td7g dozer that won't move. issue stared with radiator replacement. dozer was in one place and customer decided to back up unit 50 feet. replaced radiator. cranked unit and tested radiator. tried to move unit, would not move. troubleshot. driveshaft fr5om convertor to transmission locked up. removed transmission , disassembled transmission and found rear bearing on input shaft disintegrated. replaced bearing and sealing rings. Placed three shafts into bottom housing as per service manual. Placed top housing on and torqued housing bolts. installed transmission into unit and connected all attaching parts. cranked unit and tested. driveshaft turned but no unit movement. Troubleshot for awhile then decided to remove transmission and disassemble again. Found two sealing rings broken, it is hard to get two shafts and 10 sealing rings lined up doing as per the service manual. replaced sealing rings and assembled trans mission by putting shafts into top half first where I can get them in easier and not breaking sealing rings. after installing each shaft I inspected the sealing ring end of shaft and area. I am 110% sealing rings are good. Installed transmission. still won't move unit. drive shaft turns. I have spec pressures on ports l, m, 1c,2c,3c and main. Convertor pressure is low. Tee'd in pressure gauge on FC and RC port as per service manual. I have zero pressure. As per service manual causes could be low main pressure-no, leaking clutch piston sealing rings-no, no signal pressure from pilot control valve- removed and disassembled valve, replaced two seals and reassembled, leaking manifold sealing rings-no, sticking range selector valve spool. I haven't removed range selector valve. It is the next item to be checked. I am looking for any help or insight. I appreciated any and all help.
Thanks in advance.
Lance

g_man

Occupation
Retired
Probably a dumb question but is the forward/reverse valve linkage OK ?

I can answer that - very dumb question. For some reason I was thinking of the blade control linkage which is pretty shaky on my machine.

gg

Last edited:

g_man

Occupation
Retired
Lance, have you tried looking for help on Red Power. There are guys on there that know the TD series inside out and are very helpful.

gg