• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD20E general maintenance

jezow2010

Hi everyone,

We bought a TD20E some time ago that we are going through. Seems to be in great shape but I want to make sure we take care of it right to keep it that way.

What should we do for the coolant system? Flush and replace or just test and put additives in? Any suggestions on antifreeze for this motor or additive?

Is there a coolant system filter? I see reference to it in the operators manual but in no other manuals.

It has new air filters, fuel filters, fresh engine oil and filters and has been greased. All of the oil in the finals and idlers has been checked. When we start to use it we will replace the oil in the finals after we get it warm to drain.

The hour meter works but the volt meter does not and it doesn’t appear to be charging.

Any other suggestions to keep her in good shape? Right now it has two frozen links in one of the chains we are working through.

Tyler

Attachments

• IMG_7979.jpeg
    IMG_7979.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7981.jpeg
    IMG_7981.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 33

chidog

Yeah looks like a very low time machine. And a not very smart thing someone is doing there.
Those brackets with the screw drivers pinning them are meant to hold those lift cylinders AFTER THEY ARE DISCONNECTED FROM THE BLADE. If everything is hooked up you asking for trouble.
Being forget full and something is going to get bent or broke. Please explain why?

And FYI those brackets are not to be holding the weight of the whole blade assembly, they are only for the lift cylinders. Its not like a track loader bucket lift lock.

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
I would be looking at changing all the radiator hoses and heater hoses and their clamps if need be when U change the coolant. Who knows how old the hoses are, maybe originals, they might look alright but age can do funny things, a blown radiator hose could cost U the motor. A set of hoses is cheaper than a new V 800 if U can find one, just my 2 cents worth. Cheers.

jezow2010

I would be looking at changing all the radiator hoses and heater hoses and their clamps if need be when U change the coolant. Who knows how old the hoses are, maybe originals, they might look alright but age can do funny things, a blown radiator hose could cost U the motor. A set of hoses is cheaper than a new V 800 if U can find one, just my 2 cents worth. Cheers
Yeah looks like a very low time machine. And a not very smart thing someone is doing there.
Those brackets with the screw drivers pinning them are meant to hold those lift cylinders AFTER THEY ARE DISCONNECTED FROM THE BLADE. If everything is hooked up you asking for trouble.
Being forget full and something is going to get bent or broke. Please explain why?

And FYI those brackets are not to be holding the weight of the whole blade assembly, they are only for the lift cylinders. Its not like a track loader bucket lift lock.
That is good to know. Used it to hold the blade up while we drug it off the trailer. She runs now, arms are off. All is good.

chidog

If its a concern to protect the machine use old cut to fit mud flaps then chain to hold the blade up to move it.