• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD14 wont run on diesel

ronm

Once again, I need help with my old td14 dozer.It has sat for the last two years because I couldn't get it to start on gas. finally got it to start on gas, but now cant get it to run on diesel. I have diesel fuel flow through the filter and to the pump, but nothing to the injectors. I remember there is a piston that sets horizontally on the pump and when it would stick the thottle would run wide open and you just had to work it a few times to operate normally. Now that piston is very tight and I'm afraid to put to much pressure trying to free it up for fear I'll break it or something inside the pump. My questions are, 1. could it be frozen in the off position? 2. How much travel does this piston have. 3. How much pressure can I apply? (i'm using a pry bar and a hammer to tap and try to free it. 4.Am I even in the right place? Any help are direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron M