• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

td 340 diesel dozer with winch

davbell22602

plus the ignition switch caked up with rust on the inside(rusty lookin) and dont know where to get a replacement one with keys. I lost the key to it also.

davbell22602

it should have planetary steering....unless its an early 500 model.???? also its sealed up pretty well. im not sure how the clay could have gotten in there.unless it was buried and the stuff was liquid. im confused. its got to be out of adjustment.ive had mine in some pretty ugly places and ive never had anything get into the steering works.

I talked to former owner of this dozer and he said somebody told him the clay would clogged up around the driveline. He noticed it after he climbed a pile of dirt with clay in it.

bill onthehill

plus the ignition switch caked up with rust on the inside(rusty lookin) and dont know where to get a replacement one with keys. I lost the key to it also.
That should be a very basic switch even if it has glow plugs. Should be able to pick one up at NAPA or a farm equipment dealer. Pull the old one and count the posts and make a sketch of what wires are on each terminal.

mmi

dave

Have you ever heard this machine run since you owned it?

before verizon screwed it up There was info in my old computer about this dozer

mmi

Some one is feeding you a pile of heuuwey

Also the engine only needs power to the starter if it would run
do you know anyone with a tractor engine cranker

I will try to locate the old info,directions and such on old computer ,which did not add up then,or I would have atleast looked it over when passing thru 522 to 17

Last edited: