• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

td-25g weight

tj_farmer

looking at a td-25g that the salesman said weighs 75-76k. is this accurate, i thought they weighed more. its a cab'd model with su blade and a counterweight hitch in it....thks
also, how prone to problems were these units? esp. like the dif. steer? thks

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Go for a D8H or K series.

580bruce

The TD 25 is a good machine.As with anything,if it has been taken care of ect.I like them,and they are cheaper than a CAt.

FWD

I have a 1987 Dresser Book with the specs. It says a TD25-G with cab & air and Semi U blade weighs 73400 lbs.
FWD

diggin02

I just bought a td 25g from a friend of mine. I ran it across the scale at another friend's yard and it weighed 74,000 #. The one I got has a full U-blade on it. This is my first one too and everyone who has ran them told me to always steer with the 2 speed finals. Another guy told me to make sure the trans sump screens are always clean. I used to run a D8N and this 25 will run circles around it.

tj_farmer

diggin, does it really seem like it "has it" on bottom end? i want to use it to pull a tile plow 90% of the time. so 1-1.25 mph pulls a 1/4-1/2 mile long will be the norm. i figure on most jobs it should be able to man-handle it at 74k......care to tell me around what they are worth? (not ness. what you gave)

diggin02

The one I bought has an 1150 Cummins in it. I would think of any of the 70k-80k# tractors it would do the best at the lower RPMs you'll have to run. Also, another selling point is that you would be able to steer without clutching a track if you start to get off line with your tile runs. When I have all the jobs I've got lined up for this one I'd take $50k for it. New chains and sprockets and one of the finals have just been gone through. I talked a friend of mine out of a semi-U blade he had for it. I don't like hauling the full-U. It also has the landfill C/W. Let me know if you have some interest. As for prices on others just be careful because the price of parts from the Komatsu dealer is ridiculaus.

diggin02

In all honesty I'm not real sure. My FS rep took some oil samples the other day and I'm awaiting result. I bought the machine from a local guy that fixed it up. He bought from another local that bought it at auction and never used it. We've put abought 50 hrs on it putting fish ponds at our farm. I'm near Carlyle if you'd like to look at it. Email me if you'd like pics. edmeyertekcons@yahoo.com I still have to go through the A/C.

jeff112

The weight of a 85 td25g,shows operating,rops only 72,500,cab and air 73,400,land fill,80,890. the steering is a separate unit from the trans,the two speed/hi low function is very good allows you to make full power turns! love to run them and if you have the kta1150 engine even better they wind up fast and don't stop pulling,good on fuel if in top shape.

tj_farmer

motor was rebuilt and trans resealed 700hrs ago on the one im looking at. ..
diggin, sounds like a nice dozer, but ill pass at this time, just more then i want to spend.....
anything else on these big hosses that is known to cause problems....is the tq converter pretty tough is these units, are they able to handle the heat of long slow pulls

malcolm

A Thank you to all the guys who tried to help you with an answer to your original would have been nice

tj_farmer

sorry, i usually do, i got in the fields and never got back on the thank everyone.

steve.k

Occupation
owner operator oilfield construction company.
I think the books were a little light on the 25's.Our td 25c weighs in around 85,000 with ripper.The g is slightly heavier.

tj_farmer

ripper weighs about 12k? i think i can haul around 82k so i think ill be ok with a permit.

steve.k

Occupation
owner operator oilfield construction company.
Td 25 heavy Beast

ripper weighs about 12k? i think i can haul around 82k so i think ill be ok with a permit.

Yes we have to permit every time we move and right now we cannot get permits so the big girls are stuck in yard.Thats the only downfall of these machines there tuff to move till mid summer.Thats ok by me as they usually really shorten up the jobs.