• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD 25c project

DB09

I'm new to this site but I purchased a 25c recently site unseen. It was delivered and has been a project ever since. Would not steer with pivot brakes either side. While investigating the problem found a broken bell crank and cracked top rearend housing. Removed the top cover and found chipped ring gear teeth. Removed all the brake yokes and pads to get to where I could get rear end assembly out and looked at the back of transmission and found a bearing going out. 2 rollers have done came out. Any way I'm going to keep fixing I guess. Too far to turn back now lol. I have some pictures I'll try and get on here

caterpillar13

you might just cut your loses, this thing sounds like a money pit.
dont know what you paid but you could end up putting more money in it than just junking it and starting out on a machine you know something about. (just my 2 cents)

td25c

Sounds like a project DB09 . Been there myself when you get to the point of no turning back on a machine:D

Your working on my favorite dozer , classic machine . Performs like a bull in a china shop and operates like a Cadillac with the horsepower & two speed final drives . Love that tractor :thumbsup.

Trouble finding parts give Chartrand equipment a call . http://www.chartrandequip.com/

DB09

Thanks TD25 c it's good to talk with people that like these dozers. I've found people either love them or want nothing to do with them. I'm going to fix it. I like these ole tractors. I have a 25 b power shift that I still run some. The guys at blue ridge in Benton Illinois have been really helpful and have got the parts to fix the c. I'm looking forward to getting it back together.

td25c

Thanks TD25 c it's good to talk with people that like these dozers. I've found people either love them or want nothing to do with them. I'm going to fix it.

The people that don't love a 25 never operated one .;)

Ours is a 1972 model 25c . Have all service manuals if you need any pages .

" I'm going to fix it ." I like your thinking :thumbsup

DB09

This is a 74 model. I have all the manuels and a crane thank goodness. Wish I could get the pictures on here but someone smarter with computers will have to help. All my pictures are on my phone

td25c

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
DB09 if you quit drinkin beer with brother stack you'll get that turd polished .....lol

koldsteele

Occupation
see i told ya quit drinkin beer with Stack ...Them machines are going uphill all the time in those pics....

koldsteele

Occupation
well if you aint gonna talk on here all seeya tomorrow i'll be at harmony acres ..

td25c

LOL !

Got the 25's upright again .

Attachments

• image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 174
  • image[2].jpg
    image[2].jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 177