• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tb180fr advice

redranch

Thanks a million to all the responses, saved me a lot of time. I purchased this machine I guess knowing parts are hard to come by in Montana but I dont make a living with the machine just use it around the ranch. Dont think Ive ever read a negative thing about takeuchi so hope Im happy with it. Ive put about 15 hrs on it seems to work like it should. Has 2780 hrs on it, steel track machine, a little rough riding.

redranch

More questions on this takeuchi tb180fr steel track with automatic track tensioning. One of the tracks is banjo tight , way to tight. I took off the plate and loosened the locking plate and tried to turn the knob, to tight, took knob off and tried to turn with a wrench wouldnt budge. I hate to reef to hard on it and brake it. Cant loosen either side. In the original post the fella talked about a valve , wonder where he installed that. Was wondering if crawl under machine and see if i can loosen the hoses going to the cylinder see if that would work. I tryed to push on the track with skidsteer and see if it would go back but didnt. Not much info in the service manual .Anyone else seen this problem

heymccall

Loosen wing lock. Turn valve CCW to relieve pressure. Broken a few due to being obscenely tightened.

If you relieve tank pressure, and remove the hand wheel, you can remove the whole valve and work it off the machine (in a vise, etc.).
BUT, being that it is a tensioner valve, use due care in removing...ie, deep socket with extension and rag stuffed into the frame hole. Technically, the pressure and excess oil will go back to tank when removing, but, again, I've seen weirder.
Oil loss will be minimal.

Track tension is derived from rabbit travel pilot pressure....so, upon reassembly, place machine travel in rabbit and tip the travel lever (either one) into travel (either direction).

rbrown225

another option for you. The prior owner on my TB175 removed the hyd. and installed a grease bleeder and zerk on both cylinders. where the hyd line was.
Works good and no problems, and can set them where I want them

suladas

This thread gave me a new project, I was sure my boom wasn't going back all the way and sure enough only goes to the M position, even resetting it, etc. Something else on the list to fix.

redranch

I took your advice heymccall and took the whole valve out, I see how it works now. When I loosened the whole valve the track slacked off. No oil came out. The small wheel valve worked easy when I had it on the vise, guess was so much tension on it. Put back on started it up , hit 2 speed and rotated track till slack about right and shut off 2 speed to keep it their , hopefully it will. I dont need fast travel here any way. So thanks a million for all the help.