• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tb153fr auxiliary hydraulics

Takeuchi tb153 fr. Looking for some answers on auxiliary hydraulics. I just installed a new left joystick, simply has an a and b button. It is controlled by a black wire to the middle then one button is red wire and one is a white wire. Black to red only has continuity when that button is pushed, but black to white has continuity all the time. I checked the right joy stick and it is the same way. The thing is that on the right joystick the side with constant continuity is for the decel, which has never worked for me. The left joystick was broken when I got it, so no idea on how it worked before. I also removed the plugs on the auxiliary lines on the boom, and they flow a fullpipe of fluid with out me touching anything. With the testing I did it seems like the buttons are actually controlling the ground side of the circuit, as the center control wire and the white wires have continuity to ground all the time. I’m thinking there is a wire rubbed through somewhere, our possibly a bad solenoid? I chased the wires but those harnesses are massive. Anyone with ideas, or know if I got a tech here to plug it in if they could isolate the problem? As a side note, the rabbit light isn’t on but the machine seems like it’s in high speed,as climbing small piles and turning seems troublesome for it. Additionally the bucket width control no longer seems to be working. When I bought the machine you could pull the boom upbeside the cab when the boom was rotated over but now it only comes back as if it has the large bucket selected. Maybe a computer issue?I spent about 6 hours troubleshooting and looking for bad wires but no success. Any insight is greatly appreciated

heymccall

For the black to white continuity, is that with the joystick disconnected?
I don't have TB153FR schematics, but, on TB180FR and TB53FR, both buttons are open until pressed, on both sticks.

For the travel, the button is momentary. Does travel (and all of the lamps) Rabbit illuminate at startup?
The button can be tested at the bullet connectors once the cab is tilted. And, with key ON, simply tapping the two wires together should illuminate Rabbit, and tapping together again, the Rabbit light should extinguish.

As for the full right offset and extreme boom back, the selector knob must be cycled left>>right>>left, then back to S at every startup, to go full back. It defaults to wide bucket each startup, so you don't put a bucket through the cab.

suladas

If the interference wasn't working at all, the boom wouldn't raise at all, maybe 1 bad wire or stuck in a certain mode. Decel on right joystick has never worked on mine either. If it was stuck in rabbit it would have to be something mechanical as it resets to turtle when it's turned off. That is something that is an issue with these machines too, mine kicks down to turtle immediately unless tracks are off the ground.

heymccall

The interference system is 3 fold.
1) a mechanical lockout for when the boom is in front of the cab. A pin slides sideways out of interlock as the shift goes toward the hydraulic tank.
B) 3 contacts and cams on the boom indicating to the system when the boom exceeds each of 3 positions.
iii) 2 contacts below the hydraulic tank, in the red frame, indicating to the system when the shift is full or near full.