• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TB135 play in swing?

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
I've got a 2006 TB135 with 650hrs, been an awesome little machine so far. I noticed while doing some in shop service that when the machine is on level ground bucket raised there seems to be some play in the swing brake or gear. I've not measured the amount but seems from memory that if you push on the counter weight it might move from side to side 3/4"-1". I'm worried that there may be a problem in the reduction or brake, is this normal or not?
thanks

cat943

Occupation
loader and excavator operator
It’s normal for a small amount of movement in the swing gear to stop it binding….

lectro88

Occupation
master electrician/owner
I want to say my 05 135 has about the same amount of play. boom extended several inches. I'll double check and follow up.

lectro88

Occupation
master electrician/owner
Ok, I remembered to check slop in swing. It was 1/2"-1" Max.
So you should be fine. Hope this eases your mind.