• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Taylor/Big red forklifts

Greasyfitting

What's it like working for a Taylor forklift dealership? I've heard there's a lot of traveling. Do they offer good training , and schooling ? The Taylor dealer near me doesn't hire directly they hire through temp services.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I never travelled when I worked at one. There's shop mechanics and field mechanics. Shop guys typically do the bigger jobs, field guys do more servicing and troubleshooting.

Greasyfitting

I never travelled when I worked at one. There's shop mechanics and field mechanics. Shop guys typically do the bigger jobs, field guys do more servicing and troubleshooting.
The Taylor dealer here builds container handlers at customer sites, and works on container handlers on the port .

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Tire manipulators for the 400 ton mining trucks were the big thing here. We'd only get the major jobs at the shop like component replacements and whatnot since the field guys ran around in 1 tons with space caps.