• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

takeuchi's new detachable boom

radd16

Takeuchi's new TB175 detachable boom automatically comes off when it hits a bridge. :D

These two machines where being transferred from Florida to Texas by a outside hauler who didn't set the booms all the way down on the trailer. One was facing forward the other backwards on the trailer. So one has lots of damage the other just broke the boom and swing post.

Attachments

• tk1.jpg
    tk1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,357
  • tk2.jpg
    tk2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,363
  • tk3.jpg
    tk3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,383
  • tk6.jpg
    tk6.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • tk5.jpg
    tk5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,333

radd16

more pics

Attachments

• tk9.jpg
    tk9.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,309
  • tk8.jpg
    tk8.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,323
  • tk7.jpg
    tk7.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,317
  • tk4.jpg
    tk4.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,304
  • tk10.jpg
    tk10.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,320

greywynd

Bet that woke the driver up real fast!! Looks like it must have been highway speeds, the gouges on the boom and cylinder are pretty deep. Wonder if they have enough salvageable to make one out of two? :D :D

coopers

Those excavators looked like crap anyway, probably ready for them to go! :cool:

Luckily when I worked for a rental company we never had that problem, we did have some VERY close calls though.

Blake
WA

PMP

Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic 30 yrs. + 2.5 to retirement
Driver's Last Run.

It may have been his first, but, I will bet it was his last for that company.
Do you think they would sell the tracks?
:pointhead

radd16

Well, one of the units is going to be put back together. The other one is not. The problem is we are waiting on insurance company to give us the OK to fix it. EST. is about $25,000. The one that is not being fix will belong to insurance company,not sure if they will sell it to us for parts. It does run. Motor, pumps, final drives, tracks, and a few other items would make for good used parts.

Sam

It has to be a real sick feeling, to hit something, like that.

I've had close calls that really got my blood to pumping, from height and from width.

I'm often approaching 110,000 pounds, and rarely over, but anymore, I'm concerned about weight, more than anything else. This is from all the reports about bridge conditions nation-wide, following the bridge collapse in MN. :eek:

Can you say the name of the carrier?

GeeVee

And they complain

.... that renters cause all the problems.

I work for the DOT, so I see lots of pictures similiar often. I shoudl share a few with you guys but they are filtering our e-mail more an more these days.

burmahiker

I thought everyone said Takeuchi's were solid???

Hmmm seems like a pretty flimsy machine to have all that from just one little hit! ha ha. :D