• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi tl8

tbaero153

I was dropping my Tak excavator off at the local dealer today for scheduled PM. One of the salesmen approached me and asked if I would like to take a TL8 back with me to the job I am on and run it for a few days. Hey, I am not one to pass up the chance to earn some money with a free to use machine. Never owned a CTL or ran them either. I must say this thing is a beast. The dealer just got in the new TL12 vertical lift machine and the video online does not do this machine justice. It is like no
other CTL I have ever seen, I read on here some guys were waiting to check them out. I will say you will no be disappointed. That being said has anyone recently bought a new TL8 and if so are you happy with it. I cant say enough good about the TB153FR i own and have been pondering adding a CTL. Any opinions either way would be appreciated. Thank you

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Good to hear your thoughts on the TL12V2. I have had three TB153's. I don't think there is a more versatile 6 ton mini ex on the market. It is an absolute money maker. Make sure you let TK know that they need to come up with a replacement for North America for that machine since it has been discontinued. I am going to try and stretch my 2012 out until they release it's replacement.

tbaero153

KSSS, we were discussing this very thing today and my dealer told me Tak is coming out with a new FR model, it will fall between the 138 and the 153. right now they are only planning on offering this size excavator. Also a vertical lift TL10 and TL8 will debut later on this year. I will back fill a foundation tomorrow and then see how the TL8 can load out my dump. Today I was using it to back fill underground electric service and the machine performed great. But not sure if I should hold out for the vertical lift model.