• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL250 Cool Aid Package Info ?

Eddiebackblade

Having decided a small tracked loader (Cat 939) is out of the question I am in a straight battle between the TL250/T870/299c from Takeuchi, Bobcat and Cat respectively.

However the UK market is tiny, there is very little info available and I am having very little success with dealers.

The Bobcat dealer is the first to get any information to me after 2 weeks and the response was a photocopied (badly) brochure and a written quote with a delivery forecast of 24 weeks?

I called back and requested more info on Laser set ups available, and explained I wanted to view a unit as soon as possible? To say I was slightly taken aback would be an understatement when the salesman explained he didn't know if there was even a unit in the UK?
The guy is trying to sell them, if there was a flagship new model in the UK he should have already been to see it when it landed to familiarise himself with what he's trying to sell?

Takeuchi's agent also supply FAE heads so I'm very keen on this package, but was completely stunned when he called back and said both themselves and Takeuchi knew nothing of the 'Ambient cooling package'.
He asked how I knew about it? and I explained that I simply Googled it!!

I called again yesterday and apparently they haven't got back to me because it's expensive? and I don't need it?
I very politely explained they have never asked what I intend to do with it and I'll be the judge of whether I want it or not! As for being expensive? That's my problem not theirs!

Sorry about all this but it demonstrates what I'm up against!

Back to my question? Can anyone enlighten me exactly what the 'Cool Aid' package adds over and above a standard TL250 and is anyone actually running such a unit.

My theory is that if the factory package exists and is a pukka set up with reversing fan etc then it will be preferable to making later mods when problems occur?

Lastly still nothing from Cat after 2 weeks? But it's being worked on?

You would never know these dealers and manufacturers are in any sort of economic downturn!

Eddie.

dave esterns

have you considered jcb? arent they from the uk? well, unfortunately for you the track loaders are made in the US now.