• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL150 Keeps Stalling

phil_w

From top to bottom they are
Engine Emergency Lamp
Battery Charge Warning Lamp
Engine OIL Pressure/Coolant Level Warning Lamp
Coolant Temperature Warning Lamp
Air Cleaner Warning Lamp
Line Filter Warning Lamp
Glow Lamp
Travel Speed Lamp
If you like send me your email address and I can email you the complete manual. My email is phillweber@bigpond.com

humblyhooked

Occupation
Landscaper
no longer down and under

Any Luck ? Did you find the fault ?

Phil
Phil Sorry for not responding sooner but among other things we got a couple feet of snow. It was the cooling system sensor. These are great machines but I have some Gehls that are older but much easier to work on. Thanks again Todd

cartzblown94z

I ended up plugging in the bypass for the sensors on the harness on the back door I check my fluids everytime I use the machine and every so often the light will flash but it won't shut the machine off anymore :)

humblyhooked

Occupation
Landscaper
The last time I had a problem I came here and was fixed [I had bought a TL150 used and had bypassed the coolant sensor] but also had an issue with the relay where I read to bang the cover and that has worked. How do you find how to plug in the bypass for the sensors on the harness on the back door? As always I am grateful for the insights that this community of machine enthusiasts has provided.

cartzblown94z

There should be 2 connectors along the bottom of the back door, at least on my 130. They run with the fuel lines. There's a blue and a yellow that are unplugged. The yellow should be the one you want to plug in. It bypasses those alarms

humblyhooked

Occupation
Landscaper
There should be 2 connectors along the bottom of the back door, at least on my 130. They run with the fuel lines. There's a blue and a yellow that are unplugged. The yellow should be the one you want to plug in. It bypasses those alarms

Thanks but mine isn't like that. [2007] I had just bought a 2nd machine and like the first [2008] had some issues with the coolant level sensor. All is well now.

mkcrossbones

Jusr found this post. I am having trouble with the engin alarming out with the engin/coolent ligth flashing. Has nothing to do with tempter, if I start the machine and start moving it it will stay running. Seams like a loose connection, not sure where to start looking.

Swannny

Jusr found this post. I am having trouble with the engin alarming out with the engin/coolent ligth flashing. Has nothing to do with tempter, if I start the machine and start moving it it will stay running. Seams like a loose connection, not sure where to start looking.

did you try grounding out the wire that goes to the sensor on the top radiator hose? If that works, your coolant level is low.

antonio76

my TL150 does this as well.I notice it does it mostly when it is cold going up hill.it doesnt do it all the time either.thoughts??!!

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
maybe make a new thread, as this one started long time ago..................... Read the first reply, the coolant level sender in the upper rad hose is usually the problem ( the sensor is too high, and sees air before you are actually low on coolant)

antonio76

I thought about making a new thread,but since this one already exists I didnt want a bunch of topics all the same!!!
I was also told it could be the fuel filter!
thanks Gary,I will re-read everything!

515moto

The most comman problem with these symptom is the water level sensor is shutting the machine down. Look in the radiator hoses for a piece of pipe they have spliced into the hose that has the sending unit in it. Some of the mahine have it on the uppper hose and some on the lower hose. The sender ground out the wire when it is submerged in coolant and send a ground signal back to the controler. If the sender does not send the ground signal back the machine will shutdown and the oil/water light will be on. If the sender is in the upper hose make sure the radiator and overflow tank are full and that the sender is not in a air pocket in the hose. Some of the hoses have an arch in them and the high spot is higher than the top tank of the radiator and the air will get trapped there. Just for testing the unit you can ground out the sender and see if it continues to run. The new production machines do not have the engine shutdown system.

I'm having the same problem described above with our TB153FR excavator. It uses the Yanmar 4TNV88 engine
I'm gonna go in and replace the oil press, water temp sensor, and start stop solenoid, just because I can find the parts and their fairly cheap.
I cannot find the coolant level sensor anywhere, if that's what its even called. this picture is what I'm looking for.
Can anyone here help
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 25

515moto

A couple of resolutions here.
The sensor part number for my picture is 1700100046.
With the wire separated from the sensor the machine will start and run for a short time, then die.
Lighting the water and oil light at the indicator panel as the engine shuts down.
Grounding the bare wire to the block resolved the problem, Until I can find a replacement.

Another problem we had was with the fuel shut off solenoid. Part number 119233-77932
The symptom was also start, run for a few seconds then die.
This is an easy part to test.
Removing the solenoid from the injector pump the motor would run, but not shut down.
the plunger stays retracted during normal operation, while the engine is running.
the plunger releases when the key is turned off, and shuts down the engine