• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL12 No Hydraulics (anywhere) after travel motor rebuild.

BB-Georgia

Good Day,

I'm new to the forum but I've spent a good bit of time read past posts to help troubleshoot my issue on my CTL. I'm not 100% sure I'm checking the correct solenoid on my machine as most of the posts are for the older TL140, 150, series and my machine is a 2015 TL12 Standard Flow.

I had a leaky floating seal on the LH travel motor. Some friends helped me pull it and tear it down, installed a new OEM floating seal, and put it all back together. Got it back on the machine one night super late at like 1AM and was excited to see it work. Everything was torqued and ready for fire up and then I realized as I was in the cab that I had zero hydraulics. No pilot pressure like my Lever Lock Bar wasn't down. It was super late and all I did was check fuses and stare at it for like 10 mins scratching my head and then called it a night. The next day I did a bunch of forum research and that lead me to checking out the Lever Lock systems. I checked the Relay located in front of footwell. It clicks and is sending power. Mag Switch works on lap bar. I even have 12V at what I believe is the lever lock solenoid and the coil is magnetized when the bar is down and magnet goes away when the bar is raised up. I am not sure how strong the magnetism should be however. I'm not 100% sure I'm on the right solenoid as I'm only using the wiring diagram and color of wire to help determine if it is the correct solenoid. The one I'm testing is on left side of machine slight behind and below the LH control stick. There are two solenoids and I'm testing the one with the 19mm hex on top (it is the solenoid towards the rear on that sub valve block).

I'm starting to run out of things to test and my knowledge on this machine is limited to 2 years of ownership and some basic all around mechanic skills. I don't see how working on the travel motor could have related to this "new" problem but perhaps I'm missing something?

The machine is a 2015 standard flow cab model. No optional seat safety switch, No optional theft arrester system, No Ride Control Option and No Parking Break Option. Serial is 201201893. Pilot filter and primary Hydraulic suction filter were both changed in June 2023 (about 100 hours ago). I use the machine on my small farm so it doesn't see a ton of hours like if on a job site.

I'm hoping there is a smoking gun of something stupid that I'm not thinking of and I really appreciate your time and thoughts on this.

Brian

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
How much oil did you lose while the final was off? Is the hydraulic reservoir full?

BB-Georgia

I lost about 3 quarts or so. Topped it up before fire-up to just below middle of sight glass. Lines were plugged while motor was off and being torn down.

BB-Georgia

Correct. No travel or lift or quick hitch function. It's like the lever lock is "up" but I can see the magnetism at the solenoid and hear the lever lock relay and have tested for 12 v on lever lock relay. I think I'm on the correct solenoid but I'm not 100% sure. No errors or warning lights etc.

heymccall

On my TL150 machines, if you remove the pilot lock solenoid, there is loose pin in the end of the solenoid. DO NOT LOSE IT. It only comes with a new solenoid.

heymccall

Chassis wires.
Red w/green stripe 12v from relay
Black groundScreenshot_20240216-115754_Drive.jpg
A
Full schematic below

Attachments

• Pages from SERVICE MANUAL TL140 elec_III-45.pdf
    751.4 KB · Views: 5

BB-Georgia

So the one circled in red is what we started with (friend with various heavy equipment service experience ). I then moved to the other solenoid (one in yellow) yesterday because the one in yellow is the one with the factory wire RW (red with white on mine ). The solenoid in red has a brown (I believe takeuch calls it Choclate) going to it. The red solenoid has a pin in it and I didn't lose it. When energized it only pops out about 2mm. Not sure if that is spec or if that is an issue. The pin is like 30mm long.

BB-Georgia

Also the pages you sent seem better or newer than mine ?? I have a workshop manual and parts manual and operator manual all in PDFs but they were all acquired second hand and I'm not 1000% sure they are properly matched to my serial number Not sure if that it a thing or not.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
They are probably similar, can you post yours up so we can have a look

BB-Georgia

Hopefully this format works ok. I'm on my shop laptop which is older and allowed to get dirty hands on it.

Attachments

• TL12 Workshop Manual (CU7E007).pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 7

Georgia Iron

Occupation
It works. I am going to take a look once I can do it on a desk top.

I have a tl150 that has put me through issues like this. It always was a bad relay or a weak solenoid.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
HeyMccall,

Does the lever lock stop the pumps from charging the system with fluid?

Why is it called a lever lock?

BB-Georgia

Good Morning, No fix yet to my hydraulic issues but I wanted to update with some findings. The pic above with the two solenoids has one circled in yellow and one circled in red. The Yellow one is the Lever Lock solenoid and the one circled in Red is the 2-Speed Solenoid. I was under the impression the Red one was the lever lock so I ordered and replaced it and after further examination and testing I then verified that the Yellow one is in fact the Lever Lock Solenoid. I left the new 2-speed Solenoid installed and kept the old one as a known good used for my parts bin. The Yellow one had to be ordered from Takeuchi (not dealer) and is ordered and should hopefully arrive soon (no shipping info yet). I'll post with findings after the part arrives and gets installed. Fingers Crossed that the parts cannon works out as I'm running out of ideas. Thanks. Brian