• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB290 biggest of small excavator wont turn over

niterider40

My auction buy TB290 suddenly won't turn over.
I was cleaning it and painting a few spots and now this.
I don't think I pressure washed any electrical, I might have blown dust somewhere I shouldn't have.

Its a 2016 and has 3,500 hours. It's always started right up. I've been looking for disconnected wires, checking fuses, and starting to disconnect and clean ground wires.

I'm wondering if there are any reset buttons or anything you guys know of that might have gotten tripped because of this apparantly sloppy cleaning I've done?
I get no lights, or sounds or anything when I turn the key

Attachments

• 20230608_150534.jpg
    20230608_150534.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It is that red override switch, mine is by the seat in a 257. You didn't hit that and shut it off?

niterider40

And I've checked the grounds that I can find. I'm looking for more ground wires. I guess I'm gonna get the expensive takeuchi dealer mechanic to come visit me. Lucky they are only 7 miles away so 2 hour call out will ONLY be $540. I hope he figures it out and makes me feel like an idiot. It's better than feeling like a failure

niterider40

Well we fixed it. We found one of the battery relay connectors was corroded and rusted and broken off. We also found the diode in the same area by the battery was corroded and broken off. I made some new connectors and we put it back together and it started right up. The battery compartment was filled with dirt when I bought it. No wonder there was so much corrosion etc in the battery compartment