• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB285 VS TB290

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I have been looking at the specs on a Takeuchi TB285, an don't see a real difference between the TB285 and the TB290. Are there any Takeuchi aficionados that can clue me in on the differences? I have even looked up some parts, for example the tracks, and they are the same.

TIA!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The 290 is an impressive machine it is fast, powerful. I have not run the 285. I have spent a week with the 290 as a benchmark machine for another OEM who makes a similar size machine. There is a reason it is considered one of the best machines of its size on the market.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I have herd all of the good you speak of. I will be buying a machine in the next year, and have seen some TB285s. When I look up the specs, they have the same engine, hydraulic pressures, booms, reach, tracks, etc. Their weight is also similar. I just wonder if the differences are in the cab.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
No Takeuchi gurus out there?

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Having no responses here, I wrote directly to Takeuchi. I was surprised that they quickly answered my questions. Here was their response:

Good morning.

I have attached the spec sheets for each unit for your review.
upload_2022-11-2_10-57-17.png

While there are some additional changes that occurred, the ones listed are the most notable.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and thank you for considering Takeuchi.

Kind Regards

kman

Having no responses here, I wrote directly to Takeuchi. I was surprised that they quickly answered my questions. Here was their response:

Good morning.

I have attached the spec sheets for each unit for your review.
View attachment 271517

While there are some additional changes that occurred, the ones listed are the most notable.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and thank you for considering Takeuchi.

Kind Regards
Thank you! I have had the same question regarding these two's difference and just decided to google it and found this thread. I appreciate you sharing the info.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Thank you! I have had the same question regarding these two's difference and just decided to google it and found this thread. I appreciate you sharing the info.
Your most welcome!
I still did not pull the trigger. I had a beautiful TB285 in my sights with ~1500 hours and 3 buckets. I just didn't have the cash at that point and refuse to take a loan, so it was quickly sold. Oh well!