• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB260

Reuben Frazier

I’m looking to buy a small excavator and I’m looking at a TB260, does anyone have any first hand knowledge of them with any pro’s and con’s? We’ve always ran CAT’s but I’m looking to start going a different route as Equipement is replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags

I've got one with about 1200 hours on it now and have been very happy with it. I previously had a Kubota 161-3 that I put 5500 hours on. It's a strong, fast machine, the cab is nice, and it's fairly simple to service. I have the angle blade, I didn't have one on the Kubota, if I was doing it again I wouldn't get it and I would put the 2500 towards buckets or a thumb, I just don't find it that useful and it adds 4 more pivot points that need grease. I put a pin grabber coupler on it and I wouldn't have a machine without one after having it. It's nice to be able to switch buckets without leaving the cab and it's also nice to be able to put the buckets on backwards when spreading stone against a foundation or trenching around pipes. I have had 2 differential pressure sensors go bad on the engine around 1000 hours, they were deemed not part of the emissions on the machine so they were not covered under warranty according to my dealer, $500.00 each sensor, wasn't too happy about that. My dealer is good, not great, but if you have good dealer support I'd get one to demo....

heymccall

I've got one with about 1200 hours on it now and have been very happy with it. I previously had a Kubota 161-3 that I put 5500 hours on. It's a strong, fast machine, the cab is nice, and it's fairly simple to service. I have the angle blade, I didn't have one on the Kubota, if I was doing it again I wouldn't get it and I would put the 2500 towards buckets or a thumb, I just don't find it that useful and it adds 4 more pivot points that need grease. I put a pin grabber coupler on it and I wouldn't have a machine without one after having it. It's nice to be able to switch buckets without leaving the cab and it's also nice to be able to put the buckets on backwards when spreading stone against a foundation or trenching around pipes. I have had 2 differential pressure sensors go bad on the engine around 1000 hours, they were deemed not part of the emissions on the machine so they were not covered under warranty according to my dealer, $500.00 each sensor, wasn't too happy about that. My dealer is good, not great, but if you have good dealer support I'd get one to demo....

Takeuchis have 2 year, 2000 hour everything warranty. That should have covered it, if you're under 2 years. Emissions warranty is 3years, iirc.
Again, how old is your TB260?

Tags

I agree, I was past the two year point when they failed, but, the Yanmar engine warrantee manual clearly states all emission components including electrical are covered. My dealer disagreed. I was at Conex this past March and spoke with a Tak rep, he said they're definitely covered, he was going to contact my dealer, never did, and I can't find the Tak reps contact info. Like I said, my dealer is good, not great, I just think they're too busy to be bothered to really reach out to Tak to figure it out.

Mark13

I picked up a Tb260 at the beginning of this year, I turned 200hrs on it yesterday. It's my first mini but I've been happy with the machine and like it more then a couple other brands I have run.
If I had any complaints I would say that I feel like mine has more play in the turn table/swing then necessary and I wish it had a little more swing power for doing things that I shouldn't try and do with the swing motor.
Overall I'd buy another at this point and I hope it treats me as good as my Tak ctl has so far.

machines 1.jpg

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Nice machine.!!
If u wanna keep it running thru the years, keep water outta the fuel.!!
Some fuel systems will tolerate some water BUT NOT THIS ONE.!
The tolerances in the pump are very close & the metal, well let’s just say it’s “inferior”.
So any water that gets inside the pump will rust it QUICK..
I would suggest getting a case of filters & draining the water trap, if it has one, EVERY TIME BEFORE turning the key..
Keep a strict schedule on filter changes.. A couple of twenties every 3-4 months should keep u purring.. Happy tractoring..

heymccall

Nice machine.!!
If u wanna keep it running thru the years, keep water outta the fuel.!!
Some fuel systems will tolerate some water BUT NOT THIS ONE.!
The tolerances in the pump are very close & the metal, well let’s just say it’s “inferior”.
So any water that gets inside the pump will rust it QUICK..
I would suggest getting a case of filters & draining the water trap, if it has one, EVERY TIME BEFORE turning the key..
Keep a strict schedule on filter changes.. A couple of twenties every 3-4 months should keep u purring.. Happy tractoring..
Is that a late model kubota engine thing?

I tossed all of my screen only separators and put Stanadyne FM100 separator elements on my yanmar and small kubota engines.