• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi tb18fr tracks over tensioning

Don.S

So the tb180fr has auto tensioning tracks in the manual it says to run the machine in high speed to tension up the tracks. The machine i sit in seems to like to over tighten the tracks and end up as tight as a drum. Does anyone know of a way to change this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

heymccall

What makes you think that they're too tight?
The two speed shift pressure is the same feed for the tensioners. Which is pilot pressure.
In other words, simply selecting rabbit, even without actually travelling, will still pressurize the tensioners.

Don.S

The tracks get louder when you move and tracking gets deficult. If you lift the machine up it has no track sag at all.

Don.S

If i lift up a side of the machine am i wrong to believe i should have more sag then a half inch between the middle bottom roller and the chain?

Don.S

So today i noticed that if i lift the machine up with the bucket and blade then push the high speed button and run the tracks in the air for a few seconds they loosen up.
20190730_165907.jpg 20190730_165702.jpg