• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB175 Track speed/ tensioner

Bajajoe

I have an early TB175 at the track speed does not work. The machine is new to me and have lost a track. Had to loosen it in order to get the track back on. now it needs to be tensioned, and that is done through the rabbit mode on the track which does not work. Fuses are good. Where is the solenoid located? I have seen other post showing it on the main pump. Mine does not appear to be that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.IMG_7211.jpeg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached may help solenoid opposite end to accumulator.Some have a manual override button on top.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Track speed solenoid.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Takky Speedshift.png
    Takky Speedshift.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 11

Bajajoe

Thanks I have an early version, TB175, the photo of the hydraulic pump is different on my machine. But the schematic, last solenoid in the row. I jumped out and got the track tightened. I have power through the button but does not make it to the solenoid. I’m wondering if the controller is bad? I do not have any lights or information on my display. Still new. Trying to work out these issues. Thank you for the help.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Some of that brand use the "cluster" display as a controller to power solenoid valves, the signal is by way of a pulse width modulation so as not to overload the controller.
Kind regards
Uffex

Bajajoe

Thanks; the cluster gauge only has one working component, the engine crankcase symbol. I will check grounding on cluster. Very helpful thank you

Nard586

Good day
Attached may help solenoid opposite end to accumulator.Some have a manual override button on top.
Kind regards
Uffex
Uffex! I need your help. I’m having the same issue with my machine. I checked the solenoids and I am getting power to them but… when I unplug the solenoid there is 28.6 volts and when I plug it in there is 22.5 volts. My 2nd speed won’t work and I have a track that’s looser than heck. The light turns on in the cluster but it doesn’t actually engage 2nd gear.

Bajajoe

I jumped 24 volts to the solenoid to tighten the track. Have purchased a new gauge assembly, have not installed yet. i Believe my issues were bad printed circuit board in assembly

Nard586

I jumped 24 volts to the solenoid to tighten the track. Have purchased a new gauge assembly, have not installed yet. i Believe my issues were bad printed circuit board in assembly
I also have a early model tb175. Just to be sure the right solenoid is the one on the far right closer towards the counterweight side right? So I can jump it with 24 volts and leave it jumped while I tighten the track?

Nard586

I have 28 volts at the connector and when I plug it into the solenoid and check voltage again it drops to 22 volts. Not sure why this is happening. I’m sure the switch will not open unless there is min 24 volts correct?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I believe the solenoid will shift with 18 volts, have you checked the ground> I would make sure the solenoid is shifting > check the output with a gauge.
If you need detail instructions I can make but it takes a little time. Have a good year.
Kind regards
Uffex

Nard586

Good day
I believe the solenoid will shift with 18 volts, have you checked the ground> I would make sure the solenoid is shifting > check the output with a gauge.
If you need detail instructions I can make but it takes a little time. Have a good year.
Kind regards
Uffex
I jumped the solenoid direct from a 24v set of batteries and nothing happened. No click no movement nothin. But I find it really hard to believe that all 3 solenoids have gone bad because I don’t have my lever lock no 2 speed and no turtle mode for slew speed. I still get 28 volts at the connectors when they’re unplugged than when i plug them in I get 22 volts why does it drop voltage after i plug them in?