• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB175 Coolant level/oil pressure shutdown?

S Kienas

My TB175 has an intermittent shutdown on start up from the coolant level/oil pressure circuit. It will start and run until it times out and then shut down. The fault light does not go out. Coolant level and oil pressure is good.
Trying to determine the circuit/s in order to troubleshoot.

Toddgarage

Occupation
Construction, welding/fabrication, operator
Repaired a number of Takeuchi machines with the alarm triangle warning symbol flashing and shutting down the machine.
Did anyone work on the machine recently and this problem occurred.
1-check fluid levels
2-check basic sensors like the temps, oil pressure and hydraulic temp/pressure. The sensor wire might be frayed or possibly unplugged.
3-check battery voltage, check and fuse block for any blown or dirty fuses.

Try the most basic things first. Even a battery disconnect is worth a try.

Shawn Van Pelt

Where are all the oil and water sensors located? I found 2 in middle of block, both sides and 2 on the radiator hoses but dealer tells me there are more but can't tell me where. I have the same problem with shut down 5-7 seconds after start and light blinking for oil/water sensor. Ive run all four that I found to ground and doesn't change.
Thanks

heymccall

Water level sensor, black wire in sensor, blue w/ yellow stripe wire on harness. Ground that circuit to eliminate.
Screenshot_20230807-165804_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

heymccall

Water over temp switch is normally open. Has yellow w/ black tracer wire. Disconnect single bullet terminal to eliminate. Not shown, but should be in Tstat housing near shown sensor (that one is gauge sensor).Screenshot_20230807-171020_Drive.jpg

Last edited: