• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB153 Travel speed not working

Scott Bailey

When I push the travel speed button on my excavator the yellow rabbit icon does not light up and the machine stays in low speed. Randomly it comes on by itself and I cannot turn it off. Not sure if it is the button or something else

heymccall

The travel speed button is momentary, tap on, tap off.
First, does the amber rabbit lamp illuminate during self test at start-up?

If so, tilt the cab, and, next to the travel valve, unplug the travel switch wiring bullet connectors. Test the switch side, looking for continuity when the button is depressed.

You could also simply tap the two machine side terminals together, with machine running, to turn the high speed on, followed by tapping them together to bypass the button.

I suspect the button may be stuck on, or the wire(s) may be broken at the flex points.