• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB035- too old?

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Personally, I would just use regular gear oil, unless your machine
Specifies something else. In the end, anything you put in will be 100% better than dry gears
Eating themselves to death. I don't see synthetic as having any properties (other than being expensive)
That would benefit the drive motor gears in any mean full way.

bmckenzie

Occupation
self employed
hi, just for info , I ordered a shop manual for my tak tb135 from a fellow in the u.k., it is on a c.d. It is the complete manual and it cost $4.95 and another $4.99 for royal air mail. It works great, just not as handy as thumbing through a book as I need to have my laptop with me when I use it.

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
You can always print it out if you need a section for hard copy garage work.
I printed the section out on mine, hard to work on a track motor with a laptop. :)

mitch504

hi, just for info , I ordered a shop manual for my tak tb135 from a fellow in the u.k., it is on a c.d. It is the complete manual and it cost $4.95 and another $4.99 for royal air mail. It works great, just not as handy as thumbing through a book as I need to have my laptop with me when I use it.

Where did you find him, and do you know if he had one for a tb045?

bmckenzie

Occupation
self employed
Where did you find him, and do you know if he had one for a tb045?

found it on ebay 3-4 weeks ago, I would get you an address but my c/d is at the repair guys house, I should get it back in the next few weeks and will post. and yes he had different models available.

R Queberg

Occupation
Retired toolmaker/moldmaker
Hmmm........Not so hot

So hows it going with the Tak Bob? I just bought a little Kubota (K008-3) The Tak will out run and out dig it, but not out cute it!

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipPwRl6LiAw&feature=plcp

Hi Jillie2,
If I had read your question last week, it would have been a different story. On Tuesday afternoon it had a terminal case of final drive crippleitis. It is in the shop on cribbing. The motor is awaiting a miracle, or the permission of the lady who owns the checkbook and is still working to write a $2600 check for the replacement. I have made a couple calls asking for quotes on rebuilding. Still waiting to hear from them. When I removed the inside cover plates there was a layer of dirt/dried mud about 3" deep! The bottom fitting required a bit of rust dissolver and a pair of large vice grips to break that one loose. You never know what you will get with a used piece of machinery. Check your rear ends for mud and rust before you go to the doctors!

Regards,
Bob

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Takeuchi final drive

Hi Jillie2,
If I had read your question last week, it would have been a different story. On Tuesday afternoon it had a terminal case of final drive crippleitis. It is in the shop on cribbing. The motor is awaiting a miracle, or the permission of the lady who owns the checkbook and is still working to write a $2600 check for the replacement. I have made a couple calls asking for quotes on rebuilding. Still waiting to hear from them. When I removed the inside cover plates there was a layer of dirt/dried mud about 3" deep! The bottom fitting required a bit of rust dissolver and a pair of large vice grips to break that one loose. You never know what you will get with a used piece of machinery. Check your rear ends for mud and rust before you go to the doctors!

Regards,
Bob

AHhh, bummer Bob, thats no good. When I pulled mine apart I was able to take out the broken chunks, file the knashed teeth and get it going again. (At least for a while.....)
Good luck on a quote for a rebuild, I didn't have any luck even finding anyone that would try it.
Takeuchi support for things like that don't go back very far. The engines are no problem, thats just a yanmar, but the track motors are a third party that no longer manufactures them.

Jim

I stock new final drive and travel motors. No problems at all getting support for the TB035.
The Takeuchi models to stay away from TB15, TB25 an TB35.
The TB0 prefix is fine (TB015, TB025, TB035)
Hello,
what is the difference between the TBO vs the TBxxx units?

see image is this a unit to stay away from? been looking for ever now worried this is not a desirable machine and suspect 11k is way too much

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_135525015.jpg
    IMG_20200913_135525015.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14