• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB 25 Not starting, a dumbass forgets to put engine oil in the motor

kateshitty

Hey guys, to give you a little backstory:

I've been excavating a pond to put some trout in it so I could feed my huge apetite, and my huge obsession with fishing.
Recently, by that I mean 6 months ago, my excavator gave out. Before that it would run for 1 hour and shut off, but not without smoking like a motherf***er right before shutdown.

After looking around, I realized that, being the dumbass that I am, forgot to check the oil before starting the work.

It was empty.

I filled it up, and the machine did not start, even after checking the fuel filter and re-charging the battery.
It does crank, and I can hear the heating coil thingy turn on, but it won't catch.
I have no idea where the spark plugs are, or if they are even in the engine, I don't really understand it. The spark plugs would've been the first thing I'd check.

Anything you guys might suggest me I can do, I'm not that good of a mechanic but I got basic tools

Here's a picture of the model I got, it's the same make and model, but mine is rusty and the cab is gone (don't ask why, I don't know myself)

takeuchi__tb_25_1991_1_lgw.jpgtakeuchi__tb_25_1991_1_lgw.jpg

I hope you guys can help me, spring is coming soon and I'm hoping to finish the pond within 2 or 3 months.
Thank you very much for reading.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I assume that your machine runs on diesel fuel?

Diesel engines do not use spark to ignite the fuel/air mixture.

kateshitty

I assume that your machine runs on diesel fuel?

Diesel engines do not use spark to ignite the fuel/air mixture.
Yes, it runs on Diesel. I put the cheaper "red" diesel that I got from my landlord. Thanks for the clarification, I was very confused with the compression engine articles I saw on the internet.