• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

takeuchi question

shawnied

Looking to purchase a Takeuchi TL 140 or TL 240 CTL any disadvantages or advantages to one or the other. If not mistaken the 140's run Isuzu motors and the 240's run Yanmar motors. I have Takeuchi TB 135 mini hoe with Yanmar motor have bout 4000 hours and it still runs strong and have not done anything other than standard up keep. Wondering if Isuzu's are as reliable and as strong as Yanmar's. Would love some opinions on this Thanks

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Looking to purchase a Takeuchi TL 140 or TL 240 CTL any disadvantages or advantages to one or the other. If not mistaken the 140's run Isuzu motors and the 240's run Yanmar motors. I have Takeuchi TB 135 mini hoe with Yanmar motor have bout 4000 hours and it still runs strong and have not done anything other than standard up keep. Wondering if Isuzu's are as reliable and as strong as Yanmar's. Would love some opinions on this Thanks

Not a CTL but I have an Isuzu motor in my JD 50C. Not a single motor related problem so far with 3k plus hours. Isuzu has been making diesel engines for a long time. Can't go wrong with a yanmar either. Since you're looking at "either/or" seems like you're buying used. I'd be more concerned about the maintenance records......