• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

takeuchi 180fr or 175 owners with coupler please help!

s-moe

I have a 2014 Takeuchi tb180fr with a TAG coupler.

here is a pic of it curled in all the way.

IMG_1437.jpg

(Sorry upside down cannot figure out how to fix it)

The coupler says tb175 on it. Dealer says 175 and 180 are same and it is correct coupler.

Contacted TAG and they took serial numbers from coupler and buckets and said everything matches machine. They stated they design to Takeuchi specs and that is correct curl. They told me: "Just use the thumb to hold material and reduce spillage" So if I didn't have a thumb I would be just f'd?

Bottom line the curl stinks and it really sucks when digging stone out of a truck or loading into a truck because the material spills out of the bucket.

Anyone with a 180fr or 175 could you send me a pic of your bucket curled in. Especially if you have a Tag coupler or a standard Takeuchi bucket with no coupler.

I am considering buying a new coupler if I can find one that curls in. Maybe a pin grabber style. Anyone with any advice on brands or other info feel free to chime in. I am frustrated as hell because I like the machine. My Takeuchi 53fr is the reason I bought this thing I assumed the bucket didn't curl in because it was in the wrong pin setting, when I tried the other pin hole it was worse. The tb53fr folds the bucket in against the thumb/stick.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Attachments

• upside down.jpg
    upside down.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 95

elcheapo

I was looking at the Tb180 Operators manual and they show the curved links from the stick to the hyd cylinder attachment and bucket link as being curved opposite to what yours are. Maybe yours are installed backwards.