• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tak or Cat ?

cat943

Occupation
loader and excavator operator
Hi all after getting the skid steer loader I have now turned my attention the brand and size of excavators I will be buying in the near future.
I have shorted my list to 3 machines of the 3-t range.
The excavators I have in mind are a tak TB23R and a tak TB128FR also the cat 303c.

So to my question what are the pros and cons of cat over tak? In some ways I would like to buy the cat as getting parts for both the skid and excavator from the one place has advantage of one stop shopping for parts n service what do you lot think ?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Hi all after getting the skid steer loader I have now turned my attention the brand and size of excavators I will be buying in the near future.
I have shorted my list to 3 machines of the 3-t range.
The excavators I have in mind are a tak TB23R and a tak TB128FR also the cat 303c.

So to my question what are the pros and cons of cat over tak? In some ways I would like to buy the cat as getting parts for both the skid and excavator from the one place has advantage of one stop shopping for parts n service what do you lot think ?

All you need to do is spend a day on the TB/FR series excavator to make up your mind. The abilities of the side to side boom are incredible and no doubt a money maker. I am on my second TB153FR. It will spoil you from owning anything else.

cat943

Occupation
loader and excavator operator
Hi all well I finally got around to getting my excavator a cat 303c cr the reason for the cat was the budget that I had to play with not enough $$ for a tb128fr and a plus is now I have to 2 cats and only one place to get parts…