• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T250 track trouble

rustylhurtt

I was using my t250 when all of a sudden the right side will not pull the left side is fine when you try to go into a straight line it does 360 s I have changed my hyd. Fluid and it is a little milky all lift cap. Seem fine the right side just barely creeps along. It is showing no codes on the screen thanks for any help

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Sounds like a drive motor. They are known for this failure.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yeah, I kinda lean toward drive motor as well. It could be a linkage problem, but doubtful. If linkage get loose, you can typically feel that. Or if the pintle arm on pump shaft gets loose, they typically develope a mind of their own and wander back and forth on that side with seemingly no operator control.

I think I'd be checking the case drain filter on that side for destruction debris, maybe even test the leakage on the case drain line on the motor on right side. Be sure and have the machine on sturdy stands or blocks with tracks off the ground before attempting that.

rustylhurtt

yeah, i kinda lean toward drive motor as well. It could be a linkage problem, but doubtful. If linkage get loose, you can typically feel that. Or if the pintle arm on pump shaft gets loose, they typically develope a mind of their own and wander back and forth on that side with seemingly no operator control.

I think i'd be checking the case drain filter on that side for destruction debris, maybe even test the leakage on the case drain line on the motor on right side. Be sure and have the machine on sturdy stands or blocks with tracks off the ground before attempting that.
can you tell me how and where this is located thanks rusty

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
It's been a while since I've worked on a T250, can't remember how it's laid out inside. But typically, you would raise your cab to view the machine components. Find the drive pump in the center of the machine, there will be 4 large hoses coming off the drive pump, 2 will go to the left drive motor, the other 2 will go to the right drive motor. Follow the 2 hoses to the right drive motor and you'll see where they go through the outer frame to the drive motor.

There will be a small diameter hose in that area, along with the large drive hoses, that would be the case drain line for the motor. Follow that small hose back into the machine. Somewhere along its path, it will connect to a small/round aluminum cylinder in the line, that would be the case drain filter/strainer. You remove that filter from the connection to drain hose, be sure and have a #6 JIC plug to put in the hose connections or you'll lose some oil.

Once you get the case drain filter removed, it has a hex end on it that allows you to take that cylinder apart. Inside there is a strainer screen. If there's a lot of heavy metal debris trapped in that filter, it's a good chance your drive motor has grenaded inside.

bustedknuckle

On a T250, it has only one case drain filter for both motors. Not the best design in my opinion. But just like ATCO said, raise cab, locate drive pump and 4 large hoses coming out of it, and the case drain will be in front of them. The filter is about 1 1/4" in diameter, about 3 to 3 1/2" long.

rustylhurtt

I have found another problem the machine has joey sticks when you hit the button that releases the park brake and lets the machine move it. The right side takes off with out moving the joey sticks you have to turn off the machine to stop it . Does anyone have any advice on this one thanks rusty

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Is it electric control joysticks or mechanical linkage drive lever sticks?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Drat, I don't know how to service those units! :mad:

Bobcatmechanic and a few other members that escape my [cluttered (sic)] mind would have to help you with that. :)

rustylhurtt

The machine is flashing a code on the screen it moves a few feet to the left then the motor dies. the screen reads AWS/SJC RIGHT WHEEL SPEEND UNCOMANDED MOTION can anyone helps thanks rusty

rustylhurtt

Here is a update the code cleared from the screen the machine only pulls from the left side. The right side barely moves. i also found out the hydrallics was really low so my "buddy" filled the hydrallic system up with rotella 15w 40 motor oil can anyone tell me what i need to do thanks???

ctheddy

Had similar issues with my s300. The electric joysticks are electro_magnetic to the best of my recolection... I have a cab machine but it spends a lot of time with the door off. Bobcat tech suggested removing plastic casing from affected stick and cleaning with electrical cleaner, I used wd40. Seems as if maybe your bobcat controller (top right screen) might be malfunctioning also. This panel has a lot to do with machine in general. I have replaced 2 in about 6000 hrs. With a little luck this might help. Hope its not your drive as those are pricey...

rustylhurtt

Ok here is the update . We changed the oil in the hyd. system and put the bobcat gold they recomended and changed the filter . now the fluid looks like it has air in it . then sometimes the left track works and some times the right side works but they will not work together like the suppose to. any advice on this one thanks Rusty

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Wow rusty, you're really in a hurt with this one. I have no real advice I can offer as I know nothing about the electronic drive controlled machines. I keep wanting to say you have a motor problem with right side, but there's two things that are bugging me.

1) in post #8, you said you start the machine, release parking brake, and right side takes off with no movement of joystick.

2) I'm thinking post #12 is related to the event in post in post #8. Parking brake released, right side moves forward, moves a few feet, get code, engine dies. Yes?

I don't know what that code "right wheel speed uncommanded motion" means, but the semantics of the code logically implies the ECU is noticing right wheel movement without any command input from joystick control.

I don't think these details are insignificant. As I said, I would tend to think drive motor problem initially, but I'm beginning to lean toward an electrical control problem given details such as this. But I have no clue what it might be. :)

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think sometimes it becomes neccessary take it to a dealer and let them troubleshoot it. This maybe one of those times. I agree it sounds to me to be more electrical than mechanical. The fact that it alternates from side to side as to which works and which doesn't certainly sounds electrical. Tracking that down might be interesting but certainly cheaper than a drive.

hougie

Occupation
municipal worker
we had an issue with our bobcat where the arm's were not doing what they were suppose to and it would only throw a code every couple weeks, turned out the be a pinched wire under the cab somewhere, so it could just be something simple along those lines but i imagin only a dealer would find it.

Last edited:

rustylhurtt

I got the machine to a machanic he has done some test and said there a pump that makes it turn and there is a soleniod on top of the pump that is bad . the problem is bobcat does not offer the solenoid by its self .they want to sell me a $1500 PUMP does anyone have any advice on what to do? thanks rusty

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Rusty, I have no real experience with those units, but I'm quite sure you're most likely describing the servo coil that controls your pump output. Bobcat has been using Sauer-Sunstrand-Danfoss tandem variable displacement pumps for years. Most models just used the manual control lever pumps. Your model, with the electric joysticks, use the electric servo model. It may be that you can obtain that servo from a pump supplier, would most likely need the numbers from a tag on the pump and maybe servo, but I'm not certain about that because I've never done this on a Bobcat. You may also find that the servo is a proprietary part sold only to Bobcat, which takes you back to pump replacement.

But if you can get some #s of some tags on drive pump and servo, might be worth making a few phone calls.