• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T190 Start Code issue

Gage

Can someone help me out with this,

I started messing around with my password code to start my skid steer. The control box on the top right side in the cab. While I was pushing buttons I found this feature that said Down Grade.....I was thinking it had something to do with grading so I pushed it and then the power shut off. I tryed using my password code to start it after it shut down and now it don't work. I'm thinking it defaulted to the original 4 digit code. I looked In the book behind the seat it's telling me the factory puts in a random code and it's in the manual. But I bought my 2002 T190 used and the previous owner didn't give me the book.

So does anyone know what this Down Grade button does? Also is there somewhere on the machine that I can find this 4 digit default code.

Thanks

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Don't know what the down grade function is, beats me. Some Bobcats I've worked on use either the last 4 or last 5 numbers of the serial number for passcode.

bustedknuckle

The downgrade feature is for someone who wants to take the keyless out, and put a standard key switch panel in. Plus, the original master code should be 6 digits. If you can sweet talk your local dealership, they might give you the master code once they make sure it's you're machine.

TomG

On our 2 bobcats with key less start the original pas code was 1111. Its worth a try.:beatsme