• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T190 drive motor oil change

Huband1

Occupation
Teacher
I have been doing my first service on my new to me Bobcat T190. I pulled the drain plugs on the drive motor (and also pulled the fill plug on top hoping the oil would drain better). It did not drain very fast, but I let it drain until it seemed to stop flowing. When I did the refill with the Bobcat prescribed gear oil, I seemed to fill both cases but I only used about half of the container. The manual seemed to say I should use pretty much the whole bottle. I'll let it sit overnight and then see if I can get some more in tomorrow. Any suggestions for next time ... would it work better to run the machine to heat the oil up before I drain?