• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T-800 Hooklift update...

Wawrecker

Well it has 9,000 miles on it now, no trouble yet. We have been moving our EX-200 Hitachi with it on a 3 axle Trailmax with out any problems. We were doing a shut down job excavating 90 yards from a basement with a Brokk 180 Last weekend and I drove on Sunday, I took it over a private scale and it came in just under 80k gross. driving it you would never have known it.

Attachments

• Sep17_0009 1.jpg
    Sep17_0009 1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3,175

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
What a beautiful truck, I just love T800s. Glad you got everything to work out for you.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Truck looks good time to get lots of work to make it pay for itself.

I like T-800 Kenworths too "Theres More Worth in Kenworth"

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I'm back on the coast for college right now and I didn't realize last year when I was here how many Kenworths there are running around, way more than any other brand that's for sure. I don't know what it is about them that makes them the PNW's #1 truck, but they are by far.

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
I hope they never try to change the design of T-800s too much, they just look amazing.

The two big material places around me both run Kenworths. One has T-800s , the other has W-900s. You should see the new T-800s they got with plenty of chrome and dual exhaust

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
With the new emmisions engines the hoods are going to be probably larger to house the extra crap hanging off the engine.

You see the new 07 Petes they are ugly because the hood is longer and wider to accomodate the twin turbo engines.

jazak

Cat420 said:
I hope they never try to change the design of T-800s too much, they just look amazing.

The two big material places around me both run Kenworths. One has T-800s , the other has W-900s. You should see the new T-800s they got with plenty of chrome and dual exhaust

That is a 06 I think.^^^^

Wawrecker

User friendly, low maintenance, strong, The truck is plumbed for a dirt pup since there is no bed over hang with a hook lift. We have 1 20 yd can with an air gate.

thejdman04

Ford LT-9000 said:
With the new emmisions engines the hoods are going to be probably larger to house the extra crap hanging off the engine.

You see the new 07 Petes they are ugly because the hood is longer and wider to accomodate the twin turbo engines.
_________________________________________________________________Nah theyll just cram 5 lbs of stuff into a 2 pound bag. Put more stuff in the same hole.:Banghead

Last edited by a moderator:

T Red

So the container has an air gate?

What do you use the container for? Can you spread stone with it?

I like the set up and have often thought about the same type of set up. I was concerned about the payload on the tagalong.

Tim

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
That would be handy to have a air trip on the container. The rolloff truck I ran (conventional rail) used to get out open the door it was a pain. The box was a lowsided box worked good as a dump box had to be carefull not to overload it.

The one benefit of a hooklift is it acts like a dump truck because you don't have any rails that limits your dump angle or anything that drags on the ground.

The drawback of a hooklift is it will never have the power of a conventional rail truck. The arm sees allot of stress the box also sees alot of stress being pulled over a set of stern rollers.

The hooklift system is more expensive too over conventional rails. The system on WA's truck probably cost him 30,000 or more. It is still cheaper than having another truck say a truck with a flatdeck on it.

What ever fits your needs and makes you money is what you buy.

hvy 1ton

I don't know if any of you guys now what I'm talking about but, here it goes. US Army M1075 is what they call a Palletized Loading System. It uses a hook-lift system and has flat decks, tanks, dumpers bodies, concrete mixers, bituminous distributors, even they pontoon bridges are moved by them. Any way they dump bodies have there own multistage cylinder, is that so they can lift a full load of dirt? I would think that would add a lot of tare weight, but the are 5 axle trucks- 2 front drive/steer, lift axle, 1 drive, 1 drive-steer. With a 3 axle hook-lift wagon trailer I'm pretty sure they can gross 120K, or at least the Army points there guns at the DOT officers AND gross 120K. You can look up oshkosh trucks or there are some pictures on 1075.com/ and SteelSoldiers

K&W

That's a nice truck man and I'm glad you like it and are making $$$$$ money with it!!! I plan on getting one in the next month or so, but a W900L extended hood, and I plan on getting a two axle pup trailer also!!!:D

Wawrecker

Thanks, We recently got around to getting it painted i think it came out pretty good. Im pretty confident we were ready to buy a truck since we have put 62,000 miles on it the first year.

Attachments

• Jan21_0002.jpg
    Jan21_0002.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 680
  • Jun23_0002.jpg
    Jun23_0002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 717
  • truck hoe trailer.jpg
    truck hoe trailer.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 806

Wolf

Great Pictures

Great looking truck, WAWrecker, and a real sweet paint job. All your equipment looks good too. Even better, glad to hear you're making lots of $$$ with it. That's what it's all about.

Keep on trucking, man.

Per Eriksson

Over here hooklifts are very common in the construction industry, many uses for the same truck, just get another type of bed and hook it.
There are all sort of beds that people have for hooklifts ranging from a simple dumpbed to flatbeds with a crane mounted to it.
http://www.cmt.se/SE/english-german.asp?page=20

Most common are 20 tons hooks on a regular tandem truck and 25 ton on a tridem. http://www.joab.com/l-serien.html

In the garbage and recycling haulingindustry it's almost a standard with an tandem truck coupled with a 4 axle trailer that can carry 3 40 cubicmetre containers. http://www.lastbilsfoton.se/klickfoto.asp?ga=186