• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T 190 Motor Help

Swamp rat

Looking to see if anyone knew of a place to purchase a complete engine other than thru Bobcat or Kubota for a T 190 skid steer. I had a valve seat come out of the head on cyl. 2 and get on top of the piston and chewed it up pretty good. I tryed getting a engine from a couple engine companies and so far they are saying it is dealer only. Bobcat has priced a comlpete except exhaust manifold @ $ 6600 with warrenty , the parts w/gaskets was priced at $ 4200 including 4 new injectors . The machine is a 2006 with 2011 hrs. and this seems like a very premature repair of this extent.
This seems to be a extremely high price , since i have a Komatsu PC220 excavator in the shop getting a complete long block exchange for $ 4300 and i keep they old engine , plus labor.
Any help or advise would be very appreciated . It seems like they always break-down when you need them the most, down time is hurting a lot.
Located in N. E. Georgia

Thanks

crewchief888

if i recall engine rebuilders in N dakota is the oem reman for bobcat.
they may or may not sell outright.

the reason for the "higher" price on the kubota may be that the original engine is NLA because of emmissions regs.

:drinkup

JackDani

Hey guys, sorry cannot post threads so post here, need your advice?
i want update the air compressor i have. The motor of the SpeedAire that i have is not functioning properly and i have to change it now. Such specs i am looking for - Enclosure: Open; Phase: 1; Hz: 60; Frame: 56C. Among Baldors i found one on here that is compatible https://www.mrosupply.com/product/26610-Baldor_Electric_Motors-Motors_AC_Motors_Pump
what do you think of Baldors? what motor could be cheaper?
Thanks in advance,
Jack

Swamp rat

Sorry for taking so long to give a update - work has been wide open and i put this project aside for a few days. I went trhu ever avenue i could on the necessary parts and still came up around $ 3,000 without any of my labor. The head ended up haveing a cuople cracks in it - i guess it may have gotten Hot, eventho the operator swore it didnt, and at nite when it cooled the crack released pressure around the valve seat and it dropped out when we fired it up in the morning.
I finally convinced the Bobcat dealer that they would have to assist with help on the machine or fight a nasty battle - whick i would have most likely lost anyway ,but they did rite and offered me a factory re-man minus the turbo fron Bobcat at their cost. Its amazing , they originally overed the same moter before putting pressure on them at $ 3,400 more.
So its off to the dealer today to pick it up and start putting it in. O - it ended up costing $ 3,900 with warrenty minus a turbo.
Thanks for all the help.