• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Swing cylinder 580 case c

Welder Dave

You don't have to bleed anything. Just work the cylinder in and out a few times and you're good to go. No need to loosen the hoses and spill oil every wear. Just make sure the hyd. tank has enough oil.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
after install, swing the boom to its extremes several times, and it should self bleed. Be sure to check the fluid after that is complete.

Bill95709

I would like to change the filter but didn’t by one but if I can do it anytime that’s great.
I got my swing rod back with the new seals on it. The Chico ca price was $216 bucks. They did it in one day so I’m a happy camper. Now I just have to put it on. I’m sure I’ll be rebuilding others I just hope I can get my damn house “out of the ground “ I had a super k before now have a 580 C seems like the super K had more power but the C still digs so I’m happy to have it. Oh and the K was an extended hoe. I do like that. Thank you all for the advice.

franklin2

Putting seals on a cylinder rod sounds like good business. $216 just to put some seals on just like you took them off? Get brave next time and try one yourself. You can get a kit off ebay for around $30. The hardest part is getting the nut loose that holds the piston in place.

Bill95709

I’ve got some threads screwed up on the cylinder. Does anyone know what threads are used for the hydraulic hoses.ive got a thread restore kit with UNC, UNF and metric thread chasers. I think could be JIC threads or there’s others NPT,BSP, NPT. It’s awful confusing.
Bill

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
On a Case it will be JCB on the hoses and ORBS on the valves and cylinders.

franklin2

Two major divisions of threads in the hose world, pipe threads or straight threads of various types.

NPT or pipe threads are tapered and will not have a o-ring for sealing, they seal with the taper on the threads. The other types are straight machine threads, they seal using a o-ring setup or a tapered seat of some type.

Bill95709

Ok this is what I found. Looks like it’s fairly simple. All I’ll need is a SAE chaser.

The straight threads have specific pitch and diameter requirements, standardized by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Such standardization ensures the compatibility of ORB fittings across different manufacturers and applications.
Ty Franklin and Harley

Bill95709

Ok I’ve got the treads chased. The final verdict: the tap and die I got was a UNF 3/4-16 tap and die. One problem resolved now hopefully I can get through a few day without blowing anything else. I have to remove the old septic tomorrow and continue getting the pad of the house ready for compaction tests. I’ve got a lot of dirt to move.