• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sweeps & brush guards

Alex Kingery

I would love to see sweeps and brush guards you guys have made for your dozers. I am going to need to make these things for my new to me JD550. Please give me some ideas! Thanks!

CatSkinner77V

Occupation
Earthmoving business owner
build it strong, i have had trees come crashing down on my D8 that have put dents in the 5/16ths plate on the roof of the ROPS and when it comes to screens I only like a rear one, feel too boxed in with side screens. And unless your a complete maroon you shouldn't have anything coming at from the sides anyhow.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
they aren't homemade but these risers do a decent job in the woods

Attachments

• 4-12-08 022.jpg
    4-12-08 022.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,167

OneWelder

Make them so they can have a slight amount of movement or give, otherwise they tend to crack as the machine twists and turns. Also mount with a rubber or plastic bushing so they do not squeak all the time

CatYelloBlooded

Occupation
Shop Mechanic
Might be a little soft depending on what kind of trouble you anticipate getting into. Like CatSkinner77V said, trees can put some serious dents in 1/4" plate. It's all about what your comfortable with and feel safe in.