• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Super Pac rollers

fatallis

Hello,
I am looking at a Super Pac 8420 smooth drum roller. It seems to be a good machine, but I am not finding much information about them with regards to to parts availability or service and operators manuals... This machine is badged as a Volvo, with both names on the serial number tag. Are these a good reliable roller, and are parts readily available? Where could I find an operators manual, which is important for lube and maintenance recommendations? Thanks

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
IIRC Volvo bought Super Pac in order to have a roller line. Best bet would be to contact your Volvo dealer for any info. Volvo probably didn't change the machine much the first couple of years.

fatallis

I called the Volvo CE dealer this morning, and learned that Volvo dropped the Super Pac line when they acquired Ingersoll Rand, and diverted parts supply for Super Pac to MinnPar…. An inquiry to MinnPar yielded no results because they need part numbers to verify availability. They couldn’t just say whether or not they supply parts for Super Pac. So - I guess I’m going to pass on this machine. It’s too bad too because I think it’s a good roller…

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Good to know. The best machine in the world isn't much without a parts network of some sort.