• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sunny Day?

partsandservice

The other day I was changing the oil on a cummins. The person who did the service before me marked the oil filter with the date , hours, and "sunny day". I have some ideas but what is the purpose of describing the weather on service day? This is the first I have ever seen marked like that.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
nickname? maybe he was an extremely bright fella. I usually put my initials on filters.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Maybe showing that if there was water in the oil analysis that it did not come from the oil change. Or maybe he was just happy to see sunshine for a change. I know I would be.

tctractors

Come to the U.K. you will not see that on any filter or even a Weather forcast, you are just trying to make me sad.
tctractors