• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

suit case contractors

dayexco

what's been your experience with what i call "suitcase" contractors? they move onto a jobsite with a job trailer, fax machine, copier, and a laptop computer. my experiences have been horrible.

i've gotten to the point now on my proposals to them, that they will accept MY proposal as the contract or tear it up and not consider it. have had it happen several times they send contract back, but add or delete items to their favor. got caught once not reading the fine print, found out later that i had accepted a 90 day payment schedule.

you all had good bad experiences with them?

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
My experances has led me to ask for a "RETAINER" up front before I do any work.
I found it is hard to chase these contractors out of town or out of state for your money.
They also don't ask for your bid till the day of the contract opening, This causes me to have to do extra work to prepair it in time. For this I charge for my time in prepairing it but will apply the payment to the contract if awarded.