• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Suggestions for backhoe quick attach

Duke

I like to switch backhoe buckets often. I have an '00 LB-115 series New Holland with 2 pin manual attach.

I can't afford a hydraulic coupler.

Talk to me about other "manual" quick connect options to make my life easier.

For some odd reason, I can no longer upload pictures, best i can do is this link:

Last edited:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Duke have you encountered the JCB sprung hitch.

It picks up on the front pin and as you crowd the bucket the back pin clips in to a sprung retainer.
To release its a simple case of inserting a bar and with a little bit of grunt releasing the spring.

There are numerous other manual hitches, have a look at this thread it only cover one but might help.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=11899&highlight=Wedgelock

The other question I would ask is do you hang your buckets to change them or do you place them on the ground?
I would change your bucket in a couple of minutes without assistance. Do you find it difficult ?

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
I think Case couplers work the best but thats only for Case so I would say go with a wain roy setup. Quick,clean, very simple, and durable. Down the road if you ever expanded to having another backhoe and or small excavator with a wain roy, use all the same buckets.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
The JCB coupler that AtlasRob described is what we mount on our NHs for guys wanting quicktach. Its a good coupler.

How you liking that LB115 so far?

greywynd

Bodine make a manual pin grabber coupler, I was to their plant a couple weeks ago. Front pin hooks in, then the rear one as it goes into place it moves a bracket that is hinged, then the hinge gets 'locked' with a manual pin. It does mean that it requires two dismounts each time to switch buckets, (or someone on the ground), but it's simple, accommodates various centre to centre distances, and for what pricing I heard, relatively inexpensive. (About $2500 for one for a 15ton excavator.)

cgraham1

I think Case couplers work the best but thats only for Case so I would say go with a wain roy setup. Quick,clean, very simple, and durable. Down the road if you ever expanded to having another backhoe and or small excavator with a wain roy, use all the same buckets.
I found a Wain Roy coupler, the guy said it was for a Super K. Anyone know if it will fit an SL? Thanks!;)

DGODGR

I found a Wain Roy coupler, the guy said it was for a Super K. Anyone know if it will fit an SL? Thanks!;)

I'm 99% sure that the K and SL are the same pins size and spacing however, I see in your sig. that you have a 590 and that probably has different pins and/or spacing.

cgraham1

My 590 uses the same size buckets and pins as a 580, but I have the newer style case "quick coupler", so I didn't know if the SK coupler would fit. I've never tried to put an "old style" bucket on my hoe, and I'm not sure what the difference is between the new and old are. Some people tell me that all Case buckets will work and some say just the newer style will work, but I've never actually tried it myself.:beatsme Maybe someone else knows the answer?