• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stump the blade opeerator(easy one)

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Sorry I meant to spell operator
This is the inside of a old Cat blade, what model is it? and what do all these levers do ? , it should be easy for everyone

Attachments

• 12 in cab.jpg
    12 in cab.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 941
Last edited:

Arabhacks

Banned
Occupation
Underemplyed Operator
Model?

Hello.

Pick something older than me, will you?
Levers?
Far left, parking brake. :tong
From there you have the blade controls proper, think of this as a set.
Except for the swing and angle of the circle and blade it is in pairs.
The best way to learn the blade is to have an old hand work with you for a few weeks, while you run around with the grade checker. :notworthy
I can operate the blade but am far from a master, and I am one of the better operators. :beatsme
But, whatever the case, I love operating the blade, a true challenge to really master.

grandpa

Looks to be about a 12E or F. If you look closer on the control bank at the base of the levers it will tell you the function of each control.:) The one closest to the windsheild on right is probably scarfyer. Then throttle, then transmission, left lever for main tranny right lever is hi/lo range.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Its a 12E 99E , its my blade so I know what the levers do , I was just hoping to get alittle quiz going here , but c'mon theres still levers no one has mentioned

Occupation
equipment inspector/ appraiser
levers

the curved lever on the right is for a aux. hyd. control, like a snow plow valve or hyd blade tip

OC

Occupation
equipment inspector/ appraiser
I would go along w/ the blade sideshift. We had a lot of them with a hyd. snow plow lift. the plow pivoted off of the bolster pin.

OC

Heimy

I'll give it a shot i can only be wrong(not the first time)
the curved lever is a aux
the side shift was the second one in on left
third one in is the circle
second one in on right is wheel tilt
third on right is the half moon shift
its been a long time since i been on the grader since we got gps

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
I'll give it a shot i can only be wrong(not the first time)
the curved lever is a aux
the side shift was the second one in on left
third one in is the circle
second one in on right is wheel tilt
third on right is the half moon shift
its been a long time since i been on the grader since we got gps

First post on the forum and he ain't even gonna admit you might be right huh!!! :notworthy

Welcome to the forum!!! :D

kansas cat

ahhh the ole #12's

left to right the six main controls are left blade end lift, then aux, usually scarifier, then circle rotate, then half moon gear sife shift then wheel lean then right side blade lift, The lever by the windshield is hyd side shift for the moldboard. Park brake far left and gear selectors far right...oh, and the short one just right of right side blade lift is the throttle. Yes?