• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stump bucket grappler for 324G

TxRanchguy

So I’m brand new to skid steer ownership & looking to buy my first implement. Thinking that a stump bucket grappler would be great for a couple of things I want to be able to do...primarily need to dig holes about 3-4ft deep (7ft long & 5ft wide), but also thinking this would help with clearing some brush here in central Texas...cedar trees and undergrowth. However, I can’t find much information on which one would be a good choice...and Lots of them seem to come from way up north! Jenkins in Minnesota, Wicked stump bucket from EA. There is an extreme duty stump grappler here https://idigtexas.com/product/extreme-duty-stump-grapple/ but I just wonder if anyone has these & would recommend them??

JBrady

I don't have one, but I have been pretty close to buying one several times. I have managed to get by with using my forks to pry stuff up and switching over to my regular grapple bucket to pick items up that I can't balance with the forks. I lived in Texas Hill Country for a number of years and I think one would have worked very well to dig out all the limestone, cactus, and ceders that you all have. The only advice I could give you would be to get the heaviest one you can. I looked at the link you provided and I think you would tear up that economy one in the first 5 minutes. Their extreme duty one looks pretty good. There is a big sales lot here in Tulsa, OK that sells a very similar one for I think just under $1000.

TxRanchguy

I don't have one, but I have been pretty close to buying one several times. I have managed to get by with using my forks to pry stuff up and switching over to my regular grapple bucket to pick items up that I can't balance with the forks. I lived in Texas Hill Country for a number of years and I think one would have worked very well to dig out all the limestone, cactus, and ceders that you all have. The only advice I could give you would be to get the heaviest one you can. I looked at the link you provided and I think you would tear up that economy one in the first 5 minutes. Their extreme duty one looks pretty good. There is a big sales lot here in Tulsa, OK that sells a very similar one for I think just under $1000.
Great! Thanks for the info! Would you happen to know the name of that sales lot so I could check it out?

JBrady

Enlow Tractor Auction (enlow66.com). Their prices must be pretty good because there are a lot of dealers that come from all over to buy items to resale. They have a monthly auction, but you can also buy off the lot any day they are open.