• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stuck loader arm, ASV RC-100

aronh89

Does anyone know how to manually lower the loader arm on an ASV RC-100?

If the loader arm is raised when the machine is turned off, you can’t restart the machine because the startup sequence requires the loader arm to be down before cranking.

I’m trying to find some sort of manual release that would allow me to lower the arm.

I have scoured the internet but cannot find this info. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Welder Dave

I would think there's a safety bypass switch or something. How do you do maintainence that requires the boom up? My skid steer has a bypass switch so it can be started with the seat bar down ( like a stalled condition). Odd that other skid steers require the seat bar down to start but on mine the controls are locked with the seat bar up.

aronh89

I would think there's a safety bypass switch or something. How do you do maintainence that requires the boom up? My skid steer has a bypass switch so it can be started with the seat bar down ( like a stalled condition). Odd that other skid steers require the seat bar down to start but on mine the controls are locked with the seat bar up.

Yes, it’s very strange. I’m not very familiar with this unit, because I’m borrowing it from someone. They haven’t run into this issue yet, so they weren’t sure.

Im going to keep looking for a bypass.

Thanks for the reply!

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
The RC100 I owned had a switch on the door frame and the door had to be closed in order to get movement .

Fog

My RC100 will start with the arm in any position.

Now, I can't open the door unless it's down or pretty high up. As a matter of safety I won't climb out under a raised arm unless the safety lock is in place. It's a two person operation to lock the loader up for service in the shop.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Yes I had 2 rc100 and they would start at any position. Like said they had switch on the door. It has to start when raised or you could never raise the boom and apply the brace and shut it off to work on it.