• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stuck flat-faced coupler

Boreal

I'm used to these things giving me issues -- especially freezing but I haven't had this happen before. Any ideas on why this coupler is stuck in this position? I've even successfully attached it to the machine and removed it again and it still only goes to this position. 20221227_152638.jpg

I tried warming it with the heat gun but it didn't help.

Boreal

I'll do that. They're barely 14 months old. I guess nothing is made to last anymore

Boreal

These are on my snowblower. I wouldn't think of that pulsating at least not like a hammer.

These were Faster brand. Are there better brands or are those good?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Faster has been around for years, I wouldn't say they're junk. Myself, I used Stucchi couplers back when I was working on machines, but I can't confirm they're any better.

Boreal

Yeah, I've tried the usual tappy-tap but this time it seems more stuck. I even applied pressure through the other end and it still didn't move. Maybe I forced it on too hard last time and damaged it. I do remember it being quite the pain recently.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It is likely time then to sh!t can it. I haven't noticed any brand lasting longer than another.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Replace them. In most cases that's caused by brinelling of the detent balls and the mating surfaces. Basically means they're worn out and time to replace them.

X2. You can beat if back out but from my experience just replace it like Willie said because it's just starting to give you problems and will give you hell in the worst moment. You said this was a snowblower so you kinda need it when you need it.

Had to replace one on a our newer 279D, out of warranty of course.:rolleyes:

Long0

Charter Member
Occupation
Project Manager
I had a similar issue yesterday hooking up a snowplow to my rubber tire backhoe. Small amount of heat from a handheld propane torch cleared everything up.

Andy

uptight excavating

If it is just a bit of ice the torch will fix it. Otherwise reread Willey 59 post. He is dead on with his accessment. I have changed many pairs of couplings.