• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Strange buyer's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck Shop

Says who?
Your correct it's $10,000---involving the BSA.
Says who?
This guy says who!
latest

Shimmy1

I'm just glad there still is some semblance of civility and mutual respect here in my neck of the woods. Obviously there are criminals everywhere, but at least here we still hold on to a little bit of faith in society. I truly feel sorry for you guys that have to put up with the sad state of affairs in other parts of this country.

I drove 3 hours into another state a month ago. Made an offer for 4 scraper tires over the phone. Got there, loaded them up, handed the guy a check, and was on my way. Maybe this will be the norm again someday.........

Welder Dave

If I'm paying thousands for something I'm inspected it in person. If someone expected me to make a deal over the phone or through text's before I could even look at in person, it can sit there for eternity. Payment can always be arranged after a deal is made. Most people aren't walking around with thousands in their pocket. A deal is made, the buyer can go to his bank to get a bank draft. Seller could even go with buyer if it was close. It all depends how bad the seller wants to sell it and how bad the buyer wants it. Most banks I've dealt with wouldn't have $10K cash to give you. Payment with a cheque and seller keeps the item till it clears is another option. Motionclone seems like he would be difficult to deal with.

motionclone

If I'm paying thousands for something I'm inspected it in person. If someone expected me to make a deal over the phone or through text's before I could even look at in person, it can sit there for eternity. Payment can always be arranged after a deal is made. Most people aren't walking around with thousands in their pocket. A deal is made, the buyer can go to his bank to get a bank draft. Seller could even go with buyer if it was close. It all depends how bad the seller wants to sell it and how bad the buyer wants it. Most banks I've dealt with wouldn't have $10K cash to give you. Payment with a cheque and seller keeps the item till it clears is another option. Motionclone seems like he would be difficult to deal with.
Youre in a different country im sure things are different. Im only difficult to deal with if you arent bringing common sense to the transaction table or are carrying on like its 1987 and you just saw my 12 word classified ad in the local paper.

Welder Dave

You can't just walk into a bank and take out an unlimited amount. That's when you get a bank draft or do a transfer to another bank. If you wanted a large amount of cash you would have to arrange for it in advance.

Truck Shop

Great. But it doesnt limit how much you can pull out of your bank account like you incorrectly think it does.
Uh yes they can-and just what are you going to do about it---nothing, not a damn thing except
start ranting and raving in the bank lobby how it's your money--you have to wait 24 for clearance.
My sister was a bank vise pres.--edit.

motionclone

You can't just walk into a bank and take out an unlimited amount. That's when you get a bank draft or do a transfer to another bank. If you wanted a large amount of cash you would have to arrange for it in advance.
Maybe not in Canada but in the US you can. Not unlimited im sure but there is no 10K Cap like Truck Shop keeps saying. Hes mixed up the 10K fed reporting requirement with a 10K withdrawl limit somehow. And like i stated previously, I pulled 23K cash last year from my bank. Im sure that triggered a report but could care less, im not doing anything wrong.
And Ive pulled over 10K severall times over the years no issues at all. Not in jail and nobody kicking my doors down.

Truck Shop

Maybe not in Canada but in the US you can. Not unlimited im sure but there is no 10K Cap like Truck Shop keeps saying. Hes mixed up the 10K fed reporting requirement with a 10K withdrawl limit somehow. And like i stated previously, I pulled 23K last year from my bank. Im sure that triggered a report but could care less, im not doing anything wrong.
This is too funny---you didn't know what BSA was but now you know all about how it works,
in less than 20 minutes. Cash.

motionclone

This is too funny---you didn't know what BSA was but now you know all about how it works,
in less than 20 minutes. Cash.
I know what BSA is its the Boy Scouts of America. I also know that you dont know what youre talking about on withdrawl limits but you think you do.

Why dont you show us the exact text of where the BSA limits a persons withdrawl of cash from a bank to 10K.
And also explain to me and everyone else whos pulled more than 10k how we managed to do it?

terex herder

$10,000 cash in or out requires a CTR, currency transaction report, unless you are a business that routinely deals in that much cash. If you get a cashiers check made out to yourself that counts as cash. Now, what bankers can't tell you, is amounts over $5,000 cash in or out usually require a SAR, suspicious activity report. I have been told even asking about the amount of money you can move without a report triggers a SAR. Bankers are not allowed to mention a SAR.

And structuring amounts to avoid a report is a crime in itself. If you sell a car for $12,000 cash and take $4,000 to the bank for 3 weeks you have committed a crime.

motionclone

$10,000 cash in or out requires a CTR, currency transaction report, unless you are a business that routinely deals in that much cash. If you get a cashiers check made out to yourself that counts as cash. Now, what bankers can't tell you, is amounts over $5,000 cash in or out usually require a SAR, suspicious activity report. I have been told even asking about the amount of money you can move without a report triggers a SAR. Bankers are not allowed to mention a SAR.

And structuring amounts to avoid a report is a crime in itself. If you sell a car for $12,000 cash and take $4,000 to the bank for 3 weeks you have committed a crime.
And can you explain to Trucker that none of that is a LIMIT on how much cash you can pull out, only the triggers for reports

Status
Not open for further replies.