• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

steering creeping

toomanymachines

STEERING IS WORKING.

Have it all sorted out, pulled the steering valve and did not even open it up. the two set screws for the bypass were uneven, one had about two complete turns out from the other. I tightened them both down and backed them out half a turn, so the bypass would still function. Put it all back together, and VIOLA everything works the way it should. No drift and no steering wheel turning past the locks. Alot of time, and only cost of rebuilding the two steering cylinders that definatly needed it.

GrappleTackle

I have a similar issue going on in a 924g cat. Im going to look into this and see if the issue can be resolved in a similar fashion.

MrKomatsu

Do not attempt to open the orbital valve unless you have done so before.....
There are to many combinations that will mess you up....please take care....

GrappleTackle

Ah i aint to worried about that. I have a good enough working knowledge on the sytems and have resources/personnel to draw from if i surpass that. And most importantly i pay attention to what im doing. Thank you for the info though. Will proceed with extra dilligence. If i ever get time...

GrappleTackle

Also i can readily nab any diagnostic or permutation data from a friend at the local Cat dealer hes a HD mech so im all set. Just wanted to see if there was a chance it would be simple as OP's fix