• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Steering control valve????

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
In my Lull 1044B there is a valve that lets you go from 4 wheel steer to front wheel only and then to crab steering. The wheels get out of wack especially when cold. If in round or 4 wheel steering which ever way you call it one axle doesn't keep in sync when turning. Sometimes in front wheel steer only the steering wheel will just keep turning in one direction so I guess it is by-passing the valving some how?

Can these be rebuild or do I have to buy a new one at near 1000 bucks:Banghead:( I could probably search out the part through another vendor at times but it would still be 700-800.

I hate to admitt this but it has been this way since 1991 when I got the machine:dizzy:eek: I have got so used to it a have been correcting it on the fly when driving. Always said I would fix it if I won Lotto. That hasn't happen so I guess I will pay now.:pointhead

thanks for any tips

john

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I would be inclined to drop the valve and pull it apart ( gently) ;) there must be moving parts / seals inside that are replacable.
I would expect it to be electro magnetic to move the plunger and would expect to be able to replace any O rings inside.

BUT, I have been known to be wrong on more than one occasion :D

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
It is controlled by a hand lever. I'll post pics tomorrow I need to finish my bid tonight thanks! I have to wait till the job is done 2-3 weeks if I am going to rebuild it. I have been living with it 18+ years:Banghead

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
It is controlled by a hand lever. I'll post pics tomorrow I need to finish my bid tonight thanks! I have to wait till the job is done 2-3 weeks if I am going to rebuild it. I have been living with it 18+ years:Banghead

DOH! sorry. Manually operated would still be very similar just expect to find a broken spring in there. IMHO