• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Steering clutch adjustment

grumpy

Well it seems like I got all my other problems worked out for now.
Anyone got any exp. adjusting clutches on a D3B 1986 model.

I contacted a man who said the spongyness is them was from fluid that had leaked by . He said there was a way to dry them out? any one got any idea about that.

Steering clutches and brakes replaced a little over a year ago. So i am hoping all they need is adjusted.

Again, any help is appriciated........

okey

We had a D3B once. It seems to me that the steering clutch & brake compartments are dry, is that right? Are they wet from oil or water? Either way, I would put it in the dirt, ride the brakes a little to generate some heat and work the pi$$ out of it. That might dry it up. Also, there are probably weep holes in the bottom of the compartments, make sure they are clear to prevent future problems.

Good luck......

mikenmississipp

Well it seems like I got all my other problems worked out for now.
Anyone got any exp. adjusting clutches on a D3B 1986 model.

I contacted a man who said the spongyness is them was from fluid that had leaked by . He said there was a way to dry them out? any one got any idea about that.

Steering clutches and brakes replaced a little over a year ago. So i am hoping all they need is adjusted.

Again, any help is appriciated........

grumpy did you get your clutch adjusted? if not i can post some measurements.

grumpy

clutch adjustment

Never did get them adjusted the left seems to work alright but the right
clutch wont engage. I had been using the brake, now the brake dont want to work. When i am on the ground i have this problem when i drive it on the trailer it turns just fine. Any suggestions.

Whitch compartments on the bottom of the grearcase would i need to drain
if they have moisture in them????

Thanks in Advance