• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Starting new job soon

DPete

Stripped the site last week, now it's staked and ready to rock & roll. 13 pads 60'X600', drainage,roads etc. We will be using a Cat 815 for compaction, D6 to make dirt for the 623's, the 12G w/ topcon for finishing, water tower to supply water trucks Will post a couple pics along the way.

Attachments

• El Dorado 003.jpg
    El Dorado 003.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 794
  • El Dorado 001.jpg
    El Dorado 001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 815

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Dan is it for a big farm?

When you say that you will be using a D6 to make dirt for the 623's do you mean the 6 will put it in windrows and the scrapers will pick it up? You don't see the paddle scrapers around here so that is kind of new to me.:D

gatorguy

Occupation
Farmer and Equipment Operator
I feel sorry for the guy that is forking over the change for those houses. He is gonna have his hands full with those things. Are they chicken houses or other poultry?

DPete

Make dirt = ripp the cut not windrow, we have hardpan in this valley to hard for the grader. It's a poultry ranch for the large poultry Co. here in the West. Good repeat account

DPete

45K cut yds , the deepest cut is an 8' deep X 12' wide X 1400' long sliver cut to enlarge the basin at the bottom of the plan, other cuts around the perimiter of the buildings from 2' to 3', the deepest fill is about 2' all pads and roads to be paved compacted to 95%, scarify and compact original ground prior to moving dirt, total site area 36 +or- acres

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Looks like a real nice job.:)

Good to see you have something to do, I know it is real slow out there.

gatorguy

Occupation
Are they building alot of new chicken farms over there or did they slow just like everyone else?

DPete

Are they building alot of new chicken farms over there or did they slow just like everyone else?
They are in the process of updating to new state of the art buildings and demolishing older ranches. Oddly enough when the economy tanks the chicken biz does well as people buy chicken uposed to higher priced beef etc. I think this is my 7th contract since 05'

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Congrats on the job Dpete.

You said you have to scarify and compact the original material prior to moving dirt. Does that include the cut areas as well? Just asking because I have seen some weird specs in my time.:rolleyes:

Total of 45K CY, what's your estimated daily production?

DPete

Congrats on the job Dpete.

You said you have to scarify and compact the original material prior to moving dirt. Does that include the cut areas as well? Just asking because I have seen some weird specs in my time.:rolleyes:

Total of 45K CY, what's your estimated daily production?
Scarify and compact fill areas prior to the first lift, very little cut on the pads. The 623's run approx 1500 yds each in an 8 hr. day

gatorguy

Occupation
Thats funny cause on the east coast it seems that people went from steaks, skipped chicken and went straight to spam. The company I grow for suspended all new building but we are still doing upgrades. I guess if they tear down a house every time they put one up they will be ok.

Regardless of whether it is a good business decision for them it looks like it is working out in your favor. In our area litter stackhouses are generating alot of dirtwork.

Are most of the farms this size or smaller, it is rare to see a farm over 8 houses in my neck of the woods.

DPete

Thats funny cause on the east coast it seems that people went from steaks, skipped chicken and went straight to spam. The company I grow for suspended all new building but we are still doing upgrades. I guess if they tear down a house every time they put one up they will be ok.

Regardless of whether it is a good business decision for them it looks like it is working out in your favor. In our area litter stackhouses are generating alot of dirtwork.

Are most of the farms this size or smaller, it is rare to see a farm over 8 houses in my neck of the woods.
Normal size, this is a huge co. not known for poor decisions in other words they know what they're doing

DPete

Dan how is the job progressing?
Going pretty good, I'll try to get a few pics up soon. Passed all compaction tests so far, having a little trouble with the 623F dumping the load. Sometimes the rolling floor doesn't roll back all the way before the ejector starts foreward, we suspect a sequence valve issue, been kind of a pain. Everything else running good. Thanks for asking. Been so busy I haven't had time to take pics

DPete

couple pics

Attachments

• El Dorado 10' 001.jpg
    El Dorado 10' 001.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 264
  • El Dorado 10' 007.jpg
    El Dorado 10' 007.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 266
  • El Dorado 10' 013.jpg
    El Dorado 10' 013.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 259